Car not Starting

Jfrench

Reaction score
I have a 2000 Accord coupe i picked up a few weeks ago up until now its been sitting in my drive way because I didnt have money to get it registered, but ive been turning it on a few times a week to keep it warm and all of a sudden it has just stopped turning on. I thought it was the battery but when i got a jump it still didnt do anything, I need help asap wondering if anyone out there has experienced the same thing

dawg316

Reaction score
is it cranking and not starting. do the dash lights come on?

more info would be great. also year make model and engine.

sounds like a battery / primary starting system issue.

a **** battery even if jumped wont work. you got accsess to a volt meter by anychance ?

Jfrench

Reaction score
Details:
2000 honda Accord
2.4L 5 speed manual

The lights on the dash appear and the headlights work, at first it was cranking but now there is no crank at all.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Details:
2000 honda Accord
2.4L 5 speed manual

The lights on the dash appear and the headlights work, at first it was cranking but now there is no crank at all.

Sounds like the battery needs to be charged, or the starter took a crap. You could try jumping the starter terminals to see if the starter has gone bad.
You could take the battery and/or the starter to Autozone or O'Reilly's to have them tested.

Jfrench

Reaction score
sometimes the starter will click and others it wont, but its iffy I tried starting it the other day with the help of my dad and he had me roll it while he turned it over and it started fine but now it wont even do that

Jfrench

Reaction score
Sounds like the battery needs to be charged, or the starter took a crap. You could try jumping the starter terminals to see if the starter has gone bad.
You could take the battery and/or the starter to Autozone or O'Reilly's to have them tested.

that's what i was planning to do, a friend of mine said i should replace the starter, spark plugs, and coils... also I was able to start it once by rolling it while turning the key but that was a one time thing

Connie

Reaction score
that's what i was planning to do, a friend of mine said i should replace the starter, spark plugs, and coils... also I was able to start it once by rolling it while turning the key but that was a one time thing

If it starts when you roll it and dump the clutch with the key in position 2, then your plugs and coils are probably fine. That's why having a manual transmission is nice. Its 99% most likely that it's your starter.

Jump the terminals with a screwdriver or wrench with key in position 2, and it'll probably start.

I believe most places that test alternators and batteries for free also test starters for free. So that's another option for you.

Back