THE Suspension Review Thread

Ledford

Reaction score
Brand and Model: CX Racing Coilovers
Paid: $600 seller on ebay
Pros: 32 way adjustable dampening, go as low as you want. No really, these things will put your car on the ground. So far they ride really well, need to do some playing with the dampening.
Cons: None as of right now. I will update in a few months.

These looked like quality coilovers. I dont have a ton of experience with full body coilovers but i have seen some nice ones and i have seen some crappy ones as well. These looked pretty nice, but only time will tell i guess.

J-SPEC

Reaction score
Brand & model: F&F Type I
Price paid and from where: ~&500 on ebay.
Pros:One of the best setups for daily driving, cost, ride height range, comfort.
Cons:Adjustment wrenches are garbage.
Final verdict: Absolutely worth it.

noelaorozco

Reaction score
Brand & model: F&F Type 2's
Price paid and from where: 900~ after taxes from Yurparts, authorized F&F dealer.
Pros: can low as you want and still have a smooth-ish ride with the dampening, price compared to other and good.
Cons: Same as above^ luckily my cousin gave me on of his Tien wrenches and they are so much better.
Final verdict: First set of Coilovers so I'm saying great! And I'm not extremely low but I can law frame if I really wanted to, plus dampening adjustment helps a lot also.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
My TruHart are still working.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRUHART-STR...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f43a5e3ce&vxp=mtr

Ride-'firm' but I like it
Height-ignore specs, goes VERY low, mine is now raised above specs, pic is at the TOP of specs (oh, tires are a bit taller than OEM, so don't pay too much attention to tire gap)
Price: real cheap!
Adjustment: no dampening, I went K-sport on a 91 Civic and they needed MAX set (optional w/ stiffer springs) turned down was pointless, so I didn't see a point

10464093_10100506631119689_1650125611263677287_n.jpg

Last edited:

Dario_CG6

Reaction score
Brand & model:BC Racing Coilovers extreme drop kit
Price paid and from where:$1,000 from BC Racing
Pros:They can put your car all the way to the ground if you want to be slammed, the ride is comfortable for being low. It has the 30 levels of dampening adjusting. You can get custom spring rates, I have 10 in the front and 5 in the rear.
Cons: The only negative I would say is that sometimes I wish I could lift the car a little lol but even at the highest setting, its pretty low.
Final verdict: I would recommend them, best coliovers I have owned.

here I am at the highest setting in the front and I can still go a lot lower in the rear, sitting on 18's

Caliaccord02

Reaction score
Brand & model: Tein Street Advance Coilovers
Price paid and from where: $611 from Tunersports.com
Pros: Comfortable and feel better then stock imo. 16 levels of dampening. Price
Cons: Need to reuse oem tophat but not a big deal.
Final verdict: This is the first coilover system I have ever bought and am completely satisfied with this purchase. I thought at first that the dampening adjustment would do absolutely nothing but I was completely wrong. I had them set at 8 clicks at first, right in the middle and they were comfortable but a little bouncy. Last week I decided to mess with them and set them at 2 clicks from hard and it feels completely different. The car feels alot stiffer and the car corners way better and also the bouncy feeling went away. For $600, I cant see any other coilover in this price range be better than this. Would definitely recommend this system.

f23.Tetsusaiga

Reaction score
1st Setup!
Brand & model: Eibach Sportlines + KYB GR-2
Price paid and from where: $204 + $238 (Respectively) From TireRack (new)
Pros: Relatively inexpensive, good drop, slight increase in handling over stock, kept decent ride quality
Cons: Voided warranty pairing them together, uncertainty of how long they would last,
Final verdict: Got this setup when my budget got smaller, but still wanted to get on new suspension. I read reviews of people both blowing these in 6 months or going a few years strong. I decided to buy them new and see what happens. It was to be a temporary setup just to experience something new. I had the itch to go lower, lol. I had this setup for about 10 months and they haven’t blown. I avoid all potholes but still pushed this setup hard in the canyons. I still have them but switched them out for my next setup. Overall, I wouldn’t recommend this setup because you don’t know how long they will last and you void the warranty so you’re on your own. I would say get this setup new or not at all.

Current Setup!
Brand & model: Koni Yellow/ Ground Control
Price paid and from where: $1199.43 from Ground Control directly. Rates: 600lbs/550lbs: 10.74kg/9.845kg (F/R)
Pros: Lifetime Warranty for both Konis and GC, Great increase in handling, reduced understeer and body roll, adjustability of damping and ride height, truly great ride quality for the drop and stiffness, bouncy when I go over a bump or road imperfection (could be bad to some) I personally like it, lol. Fronts are turned to max damping (easy to do too, love this).
Cons: Expensive, not as stiff as I thought they would be. I think I was expecting coilover stiff, like lots of bounciness, lol. I put it as a con because I could take a stiffer ride, but I would need to revalve to do that.
Final verdict: I’ve had this suspension in for a few weeks now and wow I’m impressed. My handling has greatly improved and the ride quality is very good for the drop and stiffness. I enjoy having it on the stiffer side; I enjoy the bounciness going over road imperfections. I feel more capable and confident driving now. I went about as stiff as I could go, although I think I read somewhere you could go 650lbs max, but at the time but I didn’t want to push it, lol. Two big factors for me getting this suspension was the lifetime warranty for both the shock and spring and the reputation of all companies involved, ie, Koni, Ground Control, and Eibach. I’m very impressed with this setup, I’m very glad I did it. It’s exceeded a lot of my expectations and I’m enjoying my driving experience that much more.

Brand & model: Eibach 23mm Rear Sway Bar
Price paid and from where: ~$180 from…sorry, I forgot from where
Pros: Greatly reduce understeer, car feels planted, car feels safer at higher speeds, around turns and in a straight line.
Cons: I installed this sway bar with some cheap endlinks just in a hurry to get it done. I have learned from this mistake. Sway bar started making a noise after a few months, remembered cheap endlinks and swapped them out for moog, I then got the full effect/function of the sway bar. This is a con on my part. No cons other than my own mistake, I felt it was appropriate to put it here.
Final Verdict: This is a great mod for our cars to reduce that understeer. It’s also relatively inexpensive and really changes how your car drives. Great mod, worth every cent. It’s also worth looking into Progress’ 24mm rear sway bar.

Brand & Model: Moog Sway Bar Endlinks
Price Paid and from where: ~$100 for all 4 but purchased F/R at different times. I don’t remember where I bought them from, online somewhere, lol.
Pros: Effective in stabilizing the bar, I have almost 200k miles on my accord so I felt it would be a good idea to replace them all. I also added polyurethane bushings to the front while I was at it and paid $12.27 online from amazon, so far no noise, and no complaints. (sorry didn’t want to create a new sections for just the bushings, lol).
Cons: None really
Final Verdict: Bought these for the rear first to replace the cheapo ones (lesson learned) and then I figured it would be a good idea to replace the fronts so I did that too. I’ve read a lot of positive things about them and I have no problems with them. They function to hold the bar, and they do their job well.

Pic of car with suspension in and springs settled:

phi1542

Reaction score
Brand & model: Function and Form Type 1

Price paid and from where: $500 from a member here

Pros: Go really low and they look nice. They had nice build quality

Cons: They ride like crap lol go low but they are really bumpy

Final verdict: I wouldn't buy them again.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Brand & model: TEIN Street Advance

Price paid and from where: $650 ebay

Pros: AMAZING ride comfort. Dampening adjustable 16 settings. Decent drop for a sporty look

Cons: You can't slam your car. Not a full body setup and you need to use OEM top hats and put it together which I did not like at all and found it a PITA.

Final verdict: I would get them again if I didn't want to go slammed lol amazing ride quality and sporty drop. Highly recommended for those who want to go low but not too low
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brand & model: CX Racing

Price paid and from where: $600 ebay

Pros: Really nice build and look to it. Full body. 32 way dampening. GO LOW AF. Comfortable

Cons: none

Final verdict: This is my current setup and I really like them! I recommend these to anyone who wants to go slammed. For the price you pay they cost as much as FF Type 1 but it is adjustable dampening and a lot more comfortable. To choose between the two is a no brainer.

DBO867

Reaction score
Brand & model: Function & Forms Type 1
Price paid and from where: $400 from a friend
Pros: Goes very low for a budget price without losing any of the ride comfort
Cons: Nothing much to say about this
Final verdict:I dont know why everyone hates these coilovers, I think theyre perfectly fine and recommended to everyone

Long's99

Reaction score
Brand & model:CX Racing 32-Way Adjustable Coilovers
Price paid and from where: ~$600 on ebay
Pros: Close to oem ride, can go stupid low, Dampening, best overall starting coilover.
Cons: Shocks seem to bottom out without messing with dampening settings, but that can be fixed by stiffening the dampeners. No camber plate.
Final verdict: Have had these coilovers for over alittle six months, and no complaints what-so ever. solid build, i would also rank it over the f&f ~$600 dollar coilovers. Would highly recommend to anyone who want a decent set of coilovers.

IMG_20160704_203159.jpg

Back