5000k halogen?

phi1542

Reaction score
My high beams blew out and I've been trying to find white 5000k halogen bulbs but I'm having a hard time find them. Anyone know any? I'm trying to find some with clear lens because I dont like the color tint reflecting the color of the headlight. I had nokya 9005 but i got rid of them since they tinted it yellow all the time

I found these but not sure if they are white. I dont want it to end up having the yellowish stock color to it. http://www.amazon.com/Nokya-9005-HB3-HeadLight-Bulbs/dp/B00K39TY5K

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Light output color:
1) 3200K ~ 3800K = stock. def yellowish. No doubt about it.
2) 4100K ~ 4250K = pure white range.
3) 4300K ~ 4500K = slightly bluish white. (Factory HID range.)
4) 4500K ~ 5000K = blue white.
5) 5000K ~ 6000K = blue.

Filament glass tube color: (In general.)
1) Clear.
2) Slightly colored, yet the reflection on the housing is barely noticeable.
3) Pretty blue. Noticable.
4) Very blue. Housings become blue.
5) You would know how it goes.

With that said, if you get the one from that link, you are going to get 1) on the list above. Btw, the package says 3100K but the description says 3800K lol.

The glass tube color really depends on its brands (technologies) but, if I were you, I'd look for 4200K for the purest white, and decide which brand has the least color of its filament glass tube. ← (Assuming that you like having white output color by saying "white 5000K".) If not, the link you provided would do the job, since the glass tube is clear. But the light output will be like stock beam.

Here are my past (4100K), previous (4250K), and current (4500K) halogens from PIAA:

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1015189&postcount=214

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1061436&postcount=379

(Don't have a pic of the light output on 4100K's but it was pure white from a distance yet very tiny hint of yellow at close range.)

(Pic of my current 4500K output is bluer than the reality, since I edited the pic for color balancing to get the SSM more realistic.)

Last edited:

Sino

Reaction score
I gave up trying to find a halogen 9005 to match the xenon's color. I just stuck in an LED of similar color since I don't actually need the high beam for lighting.

phi1542

Reaction score
Light output color:
1) 3200K ~ 3800K = stock. def yellowish. No doubt about it.
2) 4100K ~ 4250K = pure white range.
3) 4300K ~ 4500K = slightly bluish white. (Factory HID range.)
4) 4500K ~ 5000K = blue white.
5) 5000K ~ 6000K = blue.

Filament glass tube color: (In general.)
1) Clear.
2) Slightly colored, yet the reflection on the housing is barely noticeable.
3) Pretty blue. Noticable.
4) Very blue. Housings become blue.
5) You would know how it goes.

With that said, if you get the one from that link, you are going to get 1) on the list above. Btw, the package says 3100K but the description says 3800K lol.

The glass tube color really depends on its brands (technologies) but, if I were you, I'd look for 4200K for the purest white, and decide which brand has the least color of its filament glass tube. ← (Assuming that you like having white output color by saying "white 5000K".) If not, the link you provided would do the job, since the glass tube is clear. But the light output will be like stock beam.

Here are my past (4100K), previous (4250K), and current (4500K) halogens from PIAA:

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1015189&postcount=214

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1061436&postcount=379

(Don't have a pic of the light output on 4100K's but it was pure white from a distance yet very tiny hint of yellow at close range.)

(Pic of my current 4500K output is bluer than the reality, since I edited the pic for color balancing to get the SSM more realistic.)

Thanks! I decided to go with this haha http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000M5W25E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
^ Interesting to see that the packaging / description doesn't say anything about what the Kelvin temperature on those lights. But, as far as I see the video on the page, it seems like the output color is similar to stock, but brighter. So don't be so disappointed if they're not purely white tho.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
In my experience 2500-3000k is yellow, 4100-4300k is the standard OEM bulb, 5000k is pure white, 6000k is white w/a hint of blue, and 8000k is blue. But it varies across bulb brands somewhat.

I'm sure Nokya, Luminics, Philips, PIAA, etc offer a bulb w/clear glass that is somewherer around 5000k. Hope the Silverstars treat you well, and give you the color you want. I hate when lighting packaging doesn't have kelvin ratings on it, so many bulbs claim to be white or "xenon" and never are.

phi1542

Reaction score
^ Interesting to see that the packaging / description doesn't say anything about what the Kelvin temperature on those lights. But, as far as I see the video on the page, it seems like the output color is similar to stock, but brighter. So don't be so disappointed if they're not purely white tho.

the description said 4100k "With a color temperature rated at 4100K " on amazon and I thought that was pure white range but yeah I was disappointed it turned out to be stock color..... What a waste of $35 lmao

In my experience 2500-3000k is yellow, 4100-4300k is the standard OEM bulb, 5000k is pure white, 6000k is white w/a hint of blue, and 8000k is blue. But it varies across bulb brands somewhat.

I'm sure Nokya, Luminics, Philips, PIAA, etc offer a bulb w/clear glass that is somewherer around 5000k. Hope the Silverstars treat you well, and give you the color you want. I hate when lighting packaging doesn't have kelvin ratings on it, so many bulbs claim to be white or "xenon" and never are.

Yeah I always thought 5000k was pure white too. Well for the HID's they are not sure about halogens if theyre any different.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
the description said 4100k "With a color temperature rated at 4100K " on amazon and I thought that was pure white range but yeah I was disappointed it turned out to be stock color..... What a waste of $35 lmao

Yeah I always thought 5000k was pure white too. Well for the HID's they are not sure about halogens if theyre any different.
Oops, didn't fully scroll dwn that page haha.

Kelvin temperature should be the same, regardless of halogens or HIDs (within the same brand).

phi1542

Reaction score
Oops, didn't fully scroll dwn that page haha.

Kelvin temperature should be the same, regardless of halogens or HIDs (within the same brand).

Yeah im pretty sure its
3k yellow
4300k OEM
5k pure white
6k white with a hint of blue
8k light blue
10k deep blue
any higher is purple

Its cool though. I doubt they make 5000k halogens that actually look like their suppose to. I've searched online and a lot of people say dont bother haha darn I thought those looked legit. The advertisement fooled me! They were kind of expensive but oh well :(

I had stock ones that i was fine with since i never use them but since I got into that accident one of the high beam bulbs got busted so I used this chance to find a 5k halogen haha I finally got the car back after 2 weeks too!!!

I'm upset that the person who retrofitted my replacement passanger headlight messed up on them. He used gloss paint instead of matte (I didnt mind that since I ended up liking the gloss better LOL) but he sprayed the whole entire signal part instead taping out that one section how I originally had it. Now I have to repaint the other retro to match this one..... Not how I wanted them to look ideally but oh well I guess haha once I get that situated i'll be sure to update with pics! I havent updated in forever. My current pictures are still when i was stanced :lawl:

Last edited:
Back