Mystery stuff

phi1542

Reaction score
I've been having this mysterious yellow dust appear in my engine bay. Not really sure what it is or if I should be worried lol

24opwk1.jpg

6se534.jpg

Varnell

Reaction score
Is it always dry when you see it? Water + oil turns yellow, but it would have to be splashing all over your engine bay to do that.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Water dripping from an area that's rusting. Can you find where it's coming from? What about the underhood insulator pad?

phi1542

Reaction score
Yeah it's dry and idk there's a lot on that engine mount in the first picture. That's where most of it is.. There's some on some hoses under the throttle body. Some on the radiator fan too as in the pic. Underhood pad might have some but it's hard to tell. I'm thinking possibly a coolant leak then??? Those seem to be areas where coolant goes too and coolant is yellow so if it dries up that would explain the color of the poweder. Plus my car eats up coolant sometimes idk why

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

phi1542

Reaction score
Nah but I had all my engine mounts replaced and wow it is night and day driving. So much better and smoother. Anyways, when they took off the old mounts a bunch of that yellow stuff fell out and they said it's just dirt. But idk how that much dirt can get in the engine bay like that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Back