sonni_kuba 2001 'Mugen' J32A2/6MT Accord

agginline86

Reaction score
do you know how much work needed to be done to get the civic spoiler to fit?
did your trunk have a spoiler previously or did they drill the holes?

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
do you know how much work needed to be done to get the civic spoiler to fit?
did your trunk have a spoiler previously or did they drill the holes?

Hey there, yes, the car did indeed have a factory installed spoiler.

Currently, I am running both a rear wing AND rear lip FD2 Mugen RR combo, they're two separate pieces that SHOULD fit together on the trunk.

photo2.jpg

Now, the rear wing fits very well without any major problems. The two vertical 'towers' should line up and cover the OEM spoiler mount holes, even though the shop where I had the car worked on filled those too.

The problem is getting the rear lip to sit nicely as the CG2 trunk curvature differs from the FD2 trunk curvature in all 3 x, y, and z axes. The shop had to heat and glue the lip to sit well.

13+-+3

You could very easily omit the lip and just run the wing, but I think the lip rounds off the Accord trunk very nicely. Are you considering the wing/lip yourself ?

Last edited:

agginline86

Reaction score

Currently, I am running both a rear wing AND rear lip FD2 Mugen RR combo, they're two separate pieces that SHOULD fit together on the trunk.

photo2.jpg

Now, the rear wing fits very well without any major problems. The two vertical 'towers' should line up and cover the OEM spoiler mount holes, even though the shop where I had the car worked on filled those too.

The problem is getting the rear lip to sit nicely as the CG2 trunk curvature differs from the FD2 trunk curvature in all 3 x, y, and z axes. The shop had to heat and glue the lip to sit well.

13+-+3

You could very easily omit the lip and just run the wing, but I think the lip rounds off the Accord trunk very nicely. Are you considering the wing/lip yourself ?

Been thinking about it. Found a couple on craigslist for under $100. I could take or leave the lip but would need holes drilled or find a trunk w/ spoiler and work from there

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

danmccormick87

Reaction score

photo2.jpg

13+-+3

I've seen around the net the Mugen without the lip and the older style Mugen. Trust me, follow suit and get the lip portion also, it looks great and his car is proof of that.

3771%2098_99_00_01_02_HONDA_ACCORD_lx_ex_TRUNK_SPOILER_CUSTOM_WING_ROOF_BODY_KIT_SARONA_ACCESSORIES_CHROME_GRILL_MESH_coupe.jpg

agginline86

Reaction score
I've seen around the net the Mugen without the lip and the older style Mugen. Trust me, follow suit and get the lip portion also, it looks great and his car is proof of that.

3771%2098_99_00_01_02_HONDA_ACCORD_lx_ex_TRUNK_SPOILER_CUSTOM_WING_ROOF_BODY_KIT_SARONA_ACCESSORIES_CHROME_GRILL_MESH_coupe.jpg

Yikes. Yeah didn't think it would make that much of a diff. But in combo with those tails.... Not so much. The ones I've been looking at have been the 3 piece ones so lip included

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yikes, that looks pretty hideous. I got my wing/lip combination from BaysonR.

Congratulations on the swap! :cheers:

Rated 5 stars! :thumbsup:

Thanks, enjoying it very much :D

Back