phi1542's 1999 Coupe EX-L V6 [Retired]

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Re: phi1542's 1999 Accord Coupe EX (56k)

Save up and get a quality muffler.

Interested to see how the white will turn out.

phi1542

Reaction score

Idk if you have a particular set of camber kits on your mind, but I have Wicked Tuning for my rear, and both the rods & boots seem to be very solid. Having them for 3 years, and they're holding up strong.

However, my front upper ball joint (Ingalls) are something I'm not fully satisfied, since one of the boots is wearing out. Idk if SPC's (Specialty Products) are better quality over Ingall's, but I'd recommend you swapping them out with genuine OEM boots, if you get those after market upper ball joints, especially Ingalls.

For your exhausts in your mind, I'm not so sure if they produce the same tone with skunk's tbh w/ you.. But I love your current system tho. Don't change them! haha

For the rears do they ever move? I heard sometimes the locking mechanism or something gets loose sometimes and it'll wear out your tires if you don't notice it and realign it. SleeperCell has a locking kit DIY that can fix this too. Are there any better front ones than ingalls? or just swapping out the boots will be good lol

I'm probably going to going to get ingalls in the front and Wicked in the back. What camber settings should I adjust them to???

Thanks! haha yeah man after thinking about it, I'm not going to switch it out. My girlfriend already hates how I have a modded car LMAO and having a loud *** straight pipe isn't going to make things any better :lawl: plus I use to have a dual N1 with just a 12" res and the drone was soooooo annoying. That's why I have my current set up. It's pretty loud on the outside (but not obnoxious) and its relatively quiet on the inside. I actually put up a new exhaust video just now haha I swapped it out with my old video so just click on "sound clip" and check it out :D my old clip was not that great lmao

Save up and get a quality muffler.

Interested to see how the white will turn out.

Thanks! I've seen this on other cars but I don't think I've seen it on a 6GA yet. I loveeeeee the look! :love: I'm probably going to paint them during winter break since I will have more time. Will a DIY do the trick or should I have them professionally done? Like powder coated or something?

B1Dt_KlIgAES2l_.jpg:large

Last edited:

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score

Thanks! I've seen this on other cars but I don't think I've seen it on a 6GA yet. I loveeeeee the look! :love: I'm probably going to paint them during winter break since I will have more time. Will a DIY do the trick or should I have them professionally done? Like powder coated or something?

B1Dt_KlIgAES2l_.jpg:large

If you sandblast and prep he wheels before they get powdercoated, it can be done professionally done for pretty cheap. I'm sure there is a DIY, but I'd do pro

phi1542

Reaction score

If you sandblast and prep he wheels before they get powdercoated, it can be done professionally done for pretty cheap. I'm sure there is a DIY, but I'd do pro

I just talked to my local powder coat shop and they charge 75 a wheel but they have to paint the whole wheel. I want to keep my lip polished so idk what to do about that....

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Wheels can be painted but you have to be accomplished and painstakingly perform each step (prep, priming, painting, clearcoating, etc) in order to get a quality result and make the finish last. My fall/winter wheels were painted in 2010 or 2011 and they still look great. I had them painted professionally by my body guy and they were baked, etc so they were really done right.

The alternative is powdercoating, which is a pretty simple process for someone who has the equipment/setup. But yeah tires have to come off. A guy local to me PC’d my disks for around $200.

phi1542

Reaction score

Wheels can be painted but you have to be accomplished and painstakingly perform each step (prep, priming, painting, clearcoating, etc) in order to get a quality result and make the finish last. My fall/winter wheels were painted in 2010 or 2011 and they still look great. I had them painted professionally by my body guy and they were baked, etc so they were really done right.

The alternative is powdercoating, which is a pretty simple process for someone who has the equipment/setup. But yeah tires have to come off. A guy local to me PC’d my disks for around $200.

If they paint do the tires have to come off? I'm probably going to do paint because PC has to do the whole entire wheel... I might just do the DIY first because im on a tight budget and if it starts to get messed up down the road i'll have it redone professionally.

The guy around here does 25 a wheel if you sandblast it first

That's similar to what I have around here too but he said he has to do the whole wheel. He cant just do the spokes because I want to keep the lip polished. Should I just have them professionally painted rather than PC?

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score

If they paint do the tires have to come off? I'm probably going to do paint because PC has to do the whole entire wheel... I might just do the DIY first because im on a tight budget and if it starts to get messed up down the road i'll have it redone professionally.

That's similar to what I have around here too but he said he has to do the whole wheel. He cant just do the spokes because I want to keep the lip polished. Should I just have them professionally painted rather than PC?

If you want to keep the lip polished, I'd say paint, but it might be able to be done with powder and keep a polished lip

phi1542

Reaction score

If you want to keep the lip polished, I'd say paint, but it might be able to be done with powder and keep a polished lip

I talked to the PC guy and he said the only pay to do it with PC is that they PC the wheel and then I have to take it to someone else and grind down the paint off of the lip and get it polished... That sounds like too much, I think i rather just go with paint lmao but idk whats your input?

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score

I talked to the PC guy and he said the only pay to do it with PC is that they PC the wheel and then I have to take it to someone else and grind down the paint off of the lip and get it polished... That sounds like too much, I think i rather just go with paint lmao but idk whats your input?

I'd do paint then

Back