6th Gen Power Folding Heated Mirrors.

LeoY

Reaction score
Sweet, subscribed and repped. Thank you for going in to so much detail. Gonna show it to my best friend, see if he can help me with the wiring. I'm a total imbecile when it comes to anything electrical lol. Which is sad, because I can do a complete tear down on my dirt bike motor in a day, but manage to electrocute myself almost every time, anything with a 12v is involved!

FNCONE

Reaction score
Also just incase, it's a given but some splicing or depinning is involved. The RSX clip is different from the Accord. Just to be clear, I don't want someone posting the oem Accord clip doesn't fit in the RSX clip.

FNCONE

Reaction score
Sweet, subscribed and repped. Thank you for going in to so much detail. Gonna show it to my best friend, see if he can help me with the wiring. I'm a total imbecile when it comes to anything electrical lol. Which is sad, because I can do a complete tear down on my dirt bike motor in a day, but manage to electrocute myself almost every time, anything with a 12v is involved!

Thank you! And you're very welcome. Don't worry I do electrical every day and I still get a good dose of 120V from time to time. :eh: lol.

Last edited:

FNCONE

Reaction score
Guys I took a video but looks like $#it. Its dark in the yard and colddddd. Once it gets warmer I'll have my brother record. (Tried doing this 1 handed with no switch and freezing hands) The video sucks but I'll make a better one soon. Was a bit hard to film because I did not have the door panel on or the switch. I just had bare wires because I was finishing up the memory circuit. Lol when I saw the video I was like what a waste :shakehead: the blackberry video is better.

http://youtu.be/y-SEk_wa-68

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Lol. Still cool to see. It looks like it still "snaps" into place when it reaches lock (like it did when it was manual). Is that harder on the motor or anything? Can you hear if there is any motor strain when it's folding in/out?

FNCONE

Reaction score
Yes it kinda "clips" into place. I don't believe it's straining the motor. The 5th gen accord does the same thing. Before the swap I tried on the regular RSX sail and it did the same thing. Remember the motor and mirror are RSX, only the sail is accord. So the "manual" part of the mirror is no longer there. The motorized mirror has its own special "hinge" to fold. It's not the hard manual hinge.

Last edited:

Jordan_H

Reaction score
Too bad the Tsx doesn't have a power folding mirror. They do have heated mirrors and they fold in, unlike the mirrors I have now, so if I think I'll be doing Tsx mirrors. Going to call up my parts place and see how much they cost.

Edit: Just called. Not looking to spend $300 on mirrors lol

Last edited:

FNCONE

Reaction score
Too bad the Tsx doesn't have a power folding mirror. They do have heated mirrors and they fold in, unlike the mirrors I have now, so if I think I'll be doing Tsx mirrors. Going to call up my parts place and see how much they cost.

Edit: Just called. Not looking to spend $300 on mirrors lol

The TSX does have PFM. I've seen 6th gen with them on.

Check out this item I found on eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=201269517149&alt=web

Look up CL9 Power folding mirrors. That is the TSX.

The link works on the Ebay app, since I posted this on my phone. If not just search CL9 Power Folding

Last edited:

Jordan_H

Reaction score
Oh they are power folding? It said powered but I figured it just meant power mirrors as in adjustable. That's pretty cool actually.

Back