Gauge clusters

phi1542

Reaction score
Does anyone know if 01-02 cluster will work for a 99 v6? I like the 01-02 cluster because of the red needles but not sure if the clusters are interchangeable or not. I know there is a DIY for red needles with headlight tape but idk I dont trust myself because I dont have steady hands to make precise cuts hahaha

Last edited:

goldenchamp

Reaction score
Does anyone know if 01-02 cluster will work for a 99 v6? I like the 01-02 cluster because of the red needles but not sure if the clusters are interchangeable or not. I know there is a DIY for red needles with headlight tape but idk I dont trust myself because I dont have steady hands to make precise cuts hahaha

I think it'll work as long as it's a V6 01-02 cluster. The I4 clusters are made by Nippon Seiki, and the V6 clusters are made by Ford. (really Honda? Ford??)

Try this DIY. Bax replaced same with same in his V6. I'm wanting to try myself with my 01' I4 sedan, but I don't have the time/money right now.

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?p=925421#post925421

phi1542

Reaction score
I think it'll work as long as it's a V6 01-02 cluster. The I4 clusters are made by Nippon Seiki, and the V6 clusters are made by Ford. (really Honda? Ford??)

Try this DIY. Bax replaced same with same in his V6. I'm wanting to try myself with my 01' I4 sedan, but I don't have the time/money right now.

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?p=925421#post925421

Thanks! Man is all of this worth it for just red needles... idk hahaha I just really hate the orange needles. Getting a new cluster would be pretty pricey. I've seen some used ones on ebay for around $50. Might just do tape. Is there any dangers with using tape? I dont really want to mess anything up. Also is there a recommended tape to use?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
You can swap to an 01-02 cluster but the temp needled won't read correctly unless you swap the internals as in the link ^above.

All the info about the tape I used is in the DIY. Just basic red tail light tape you can buy at your local auto parts store.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
any idea what the difference is? I tried sensors, same part #, from what I could find, so they might be the same resistance.

I thought they all had two sensors, one for the ECM, one for the gauge, so wtf is going on?

Varnell

Reaction score
The temp needle won't work due to different electronics. I picked up an 02 cluster just to put the red needles on the all black 99 faces, which look better than gray 02 faces.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Ah! Found it, I think:

37750-PH2-014 THERMO UNIT (DENSO)

S823E1500BB.gif

98 has it, 02 doesn't. So the later cars must use a ECM controlled gauge. I wish I had used the correct name.

phi1542

Reaction score
charging port broken

I didn't want to spend more on a new cluster so I just did the tape thing lol it was hard and its not perfect but whatever. Doesnt look bad and its better than the orange for sure! I have super shakey hands so these were a PITA to do. Plus i had to use a razor instead of an exacto knife

5v2o0p.jpg

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Looks good! Now, show us when it's dark w/ lights on. :)

Brakelamp? :poke:

Back