Gauge clusters

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I thought those used T3 and not T4, but maybe I’m mistaken. I think Mikey’s LED swap threads touch on that, and that one member from outside the US was making a spreadsheet to call out all interior bulb types. Maybe search that up and see what you find.

I hate to say it but it sounds like you may have to figure out how to get some of the wiring back to OEM. Electricals can be finicky and who knows what some of your wiring looks like after going through all that you mentioned. I’d get that straight first.

james'99

Reaction score
I'm thinking multiplexer too. should I just replace it? Becasue when I got the car I think it had to be rewired just so the gauges would light up. My cousin use to have this car and while installing a double din radio he blew out all of the lights or something. I think after that it messed everything up

not sure I just had a shop install the single din I have. It lights up as it should

Well, if the car was rewired, you probably have to unrewire it (Haha!), and replace the multiplexer. That's what I think personally.

As for the radio, does it dim when you turn on the lights?

phi1542

Reaction score
Yeah, the coupe trunk lid bulbs second as brake lights while those on the sedan do not. Not sure of Honda's reasoning, but that's what it is.

what do you mean by trunk lid? do you mean the spoiler? Pretty sure my spoiler doesnt light up. Do you happen to know the bulb sizes i need for my brake light? the error light gets annoying haha any DIYs? Just ordered reverse LED's too

james'99

Reaction score
what do you mean by trunk lid? do you mean the spoiler? Pretty sure my spoiler doesnt light up. Do you happen to know the bulb sizes i need for my brake light? the error light gets annoying haha any DIYs? Just ordered reverse LED's too

picture.php

Best pic I could find at the moment. Thank you, RedRyder!

Al the lights that are on in this pic with the exception of the turn signals are also brake lights. I suppose you could compare it to a Corvette in that there are two brake lights on each side. I happened to have one of those bulbs on my desk. It is a 3157.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
The 3rd brakelight (housing inside the car) is a 7440, if you need that. If the spoiler doesn't light up, make sure it's plugged in. Pretty rare those go out...

phi1542

Reaction score
picture.php

Best pic I could find at the moment. Thank you, RedRyder!

Al the lights that are on in this pic with the exception of the turn signals are also brake lights. I suppose you could compare it to a Corvette in that there are two brake lights on each side. I happened to have one of those bulbs on my desk. It is a 3157.

The 3rd brakelight (housing inside the car) is a 7440, if you need that. If the spoiler doesn't light up, make sure it's plugged in. Pretty rare those go out...

Thanks guys! Just checked and all of my brake lights are good except the high mount one. Spoiler lights up. The weird part is that the bulb is inside the housing but...... no wire....... :thinking: The bulb is connected to this plastic piece that looks like its suppose to plug into something. No wires at all that connect to the high mount....... I stood there and looked for like 10 minutes and I see nothing.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
That’s because what plugs into the bulb is currently plugged into the spoiler. If you want the 3rd brakelight to illuminate you can unplug the gray plug from the spoiler harness and plug it into the bulb. Spoiler LED looks cooler though, obviously.

phi1542

Reaction score
Ok so there was this long wire I thought it was it but it was plugged into something else. So I unplugged it and plugged it to the third brake light and it worked. Problem is that wire is used to power the trunk spoiler....... So am I missing a wire or?????

phi1542

Reaction score
That’s because what plugs into the bulb is currently plugged into the spoiler. If you want the 3rd brakelight to illuminate you can unplug the gray plug from the spoiler harness and plug it into the bulb. Spoiler LED looks cooler though, obviously.

Whoops posted the other post while you posted this lol

that's lame you have to only pick one... oh well. spoiler it is hahaha

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Looks kind of weird to have the spoiler lit up with the 3rd brakelight lit up right behind it haha, kinda redundant really. But you could splice it up and have both lights working if you really wanted to, only two wires.

Back