Gas pedal response messed up

phi1542

Reaction score
If your cat is brand new, check for exhaust leaks before the cat. Otherwise, consider replacing the O2 sensor on the cat. As for throttle response, I'd be cleaning the throttle body next as maybe the throttle plate is sticking..

How many O2 sensors does v6 have? Probably gonna get some NTK ones. They have pre cat and post cat. What's that?

james'99

Reaction score
How many O2 sensors does v6 have? Probably gonna get some NTK ones. They have pre cat and post cat. What's that?

As xci said, 2. One upstream (before cat on header or something) and one downstream (on cat).

Go for Denso or OEM sensors. I know the Bosch ones have issues for sure, not sure about NTK.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
I actually don't know who makes them, but I have an exhaust appointment today so I'll take a look.

(reason: my catalytic is stuck and it needs cut out :( )

james'99

Reaction score
I actually don't know who makes them, but I have an exhaust appointment today so I'll take a look.

(reason: my catalytic is stuck and it needs cut out :( )

What are you replacing it with? I spent 5-6 hours with my friends '98 4 cylinder doing the catalytic converter. I wasn't letting that sucker beat me. Haha! I did eventually win.

Also, phi, the rear sensor is of little concern. It doesn't affect how the car runs. It just monitors catalytic converter activity.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
It doesn't say, probly 'cause mine are old (original)

I put on a header and a new cat (I put 'em on), now I gotta go back for my new VTEC exhaust :D I'll update this when it's on. But you have the OEM left muffler, in VTEC it goes to a straight pipe on the right :D

james'99

Reaction score
It doesn't say, probly 'cause mine are old (original)

I put on a header and a new cat (I put 'em on), now I gotta go back for my new VTEC exhaust :D I'll update this when it's on. But you have the OEM left muffler, in VTEC it goes to a straight pipe on the right :D

Wait, wut? That's nuts! Electronic door?

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Yeah, I went 2.5"

Then a couple timers and a DPDT give me valve control with the whole mess on VTEC control for 'automatic'

Back