How many miles does your accord have?

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
Mine is quickly approaching 212,000... roughly a gas tank or two until I hit it. Original engine (v6) and trans. Trans has been slipping and rough shifting for 4 years now, just waiting for it to go so I can do the J32/6MT swap.

Aman

Reaction score
If it doesn't need a new engine, don't put one in. Especially if you're trying to sell it. The merits of a used car with a different engine are questionable, at best.

To me, the majority of the time a car with a non-original engine means that the first engine wasn't maintained appropriately.

CokeZero

Reaction score
285k, original motor. runs better than new. i'm getting 30mpg in the city. And last week I took down a 2.5 passat on a random red light dig on my way home (the only time ive really gave my car hell, i drive easy most of the time)

Just keep maint done on the car and it will last you forever, and when it does go out a JDM (with papers) 40k mile replacement motor is only $300 bucks.

sg_81

Reaction score
285k, original motor. runs better than new. i'm getting 30mpg in the city. And last week I took down a 2.5 passat on a random red light dig on my way home (the only time ive really gave my car hell, i drive easy most of the time)

Just keep maint done on the car and it will last you forever, and when it does go out a JDM (with papers) 40k mile replacement motor is only $300 bucks.

What mods do you have in your engine?

Drami5

Reaction score
Mines 275K, 4 Cyl. Accord

I love it and want to mod the *** out of it but the mileage stops me :(

rooky

Reaction score
I always theorise a car last long based on driving habits and technique. I drive my accord like a nascar everyday because some expensive hoonigan always want to try me so i let them have it. But it really cost me a lot to maintain especially for the compound turbo setup i have on the f23 ulev. I start spooling at 2100 rpm and full boost at 300 rpm but I have to cut out air ducts in the hood to cool this down along with 50/50 isopropyl and water spraying the intercooler. I would post some picture but because i'm new i can't for now. "One Horsepower cost One hundred dollars" each performance mod cost you an engine whether professionally done or riced out and takes away reliability.:shakehead:

Back