best engine swap for 99 accord?

vtec_accord99

Reaction score
my friend was tellin me that i can put an acura tl type-s motor in my car but uhhh..it sounds more like a pipe dream to me....i see some on here with h22`s but i want to be unique, low, and fast.....maybe the new v6 accord coupe engine wit the 6 speeed transmission??? or the v6 dat comes in the 2dr 6thgens....what yall think???

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
4cyl:
h22
h23
f20b
g23 (many ways of this)
rdx (mmmmm..... toasty)

6Cyl:
acura cl-s
stock w/ 6 speed

other than that, im stumped

Jeffro

Reaction score
H22 is a pretty common swap, although you can turbo the stock to a point and get away with it too... If you want unique, and have time, try a G23. I've seen it done, and if my car wasn't a daily driver, I might play with it. It seems overall gains from that to begin with aren't that great, but if you're going for unique, that would definately be it. I don't think the 7th gen v6 6-speed would be possible (or worth it)... Same with putting in a 6th gen v6 in my opinion unless your car came with it.

You could also get V6 in the sedans for 6th gens, its not just a coupe thing.

It would depend on your budget. I've seen about anything done if you've got the dough and the skills...

theaccordian

Reaction score
search noob!

jk nsx engine with rwd conversion kit is best imo.

vtec_accord99 said:
or the v6 dat comes in the 2dr 6thgens....what yall think???

oh yeah not many people know this, but... 6th gen v6 coupes and sedans have the same engine, honda just designed the coupe to "look" faster to save money.[

Last edited:

vtec_accord99

Reaction score
a g23 ???? wats dat??? if i do get a engine swap a shop will do it for me cause i have no where to work...but looks like an h23 is what i might go for thats like 220 hp right??

Jeffro

Reaction score
G23 is a F23 with a H22/H23 DOHC head... The whole point is that the stock f23 block can be replaced for cheap, and the DOHC head is better? for turbo and building...

Clicky

Last edited:

vtec_accord99

Reaction score
the h23 is non vtec tho right....but yes turbo is down the line.....nsx engine tho...real wheel drive conversion??? where the do that at?

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
vtec_accord99 said:
the h23 is non vtec tho right....but yes turbo is down the line.....nsx engine tho...real wheel drive conversion??? where the do that at?

h23:
f22 w/h22 head vtec
f23 w/h22 head vtec
f23 w/h23 head
f22 w/h23 head

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
dont listen on theaccordian, he forgot to take his meds tonite

Back