Mission Impossible:Get to NA 150 WHP:Do you accept?

theaccordian

Reaction score
status report:

guy in the brown uniform dropped this off for me.

Magnaflow 2.25" Stainless Steel catback with 4" "slashed and rolled" tip.

DSC02238.jpg

DSC02239.jpg

if this is Magnaflow's idea of a "rolled tip" they got problems, one of the deciding factors was I liked the classy non ricer look of there exhuast tips. and I get this. :mad:

DSC02242.jpg

I got this for $350 +free shipping from performancepeddler.com, looks like the saying "you get what you pay for" rings true again. The box was slapped together with ducktape. I opened the package and loose bolts and gaskets everyhwere. Had to make sure I didnt throw anything out.Oh well. what can you do. live and learn. Hopefully if I have time Ill have my header and catback installed tomorrow.

klee

Reaction score
kapao818 said:
Nice. i have pretty much everything the HT thread guy has. except for the 5-speed, ecu, tuning, rims, high flow cat, and 93 octane gas. now i want to see if i want to get the Jet Ecu. good luck tell us how it all goes! i'm going to get dynoed tuned soon, if i can find a shop that does it for under $100.

Kapao818 make sure you don't get that guy from the San Deigo Pro Solo for a dyno run or he will make fun on how heavy your sh*t is. HAHAHAHAHHAA You and I could use ANY additional power on course. LOL

Last edited:

theaccordian

Reaction score
add 64mm ported tb and portmatched im plenum. How much you think thatll add?

EmMinODaGreaT

Reaction score
i got the 5sp, tuning a camgear w/ a stock camshaft really doesnt do much, but it will still control when the valves open and close, mine made a small diff on the dyno, not much but w/ tuning the vafc and retarding or advancing it, just trying it out the numbers moved somewhat...

theaccordian

Reaction score
thanks Ill look into a cam gear.but ive heard it doesnt add hp just moves your powerband around. whcih brand you recommend skunk2, aem or obx?

EmMinODaGreaT

Reaction score
not obx any others are good, as long as there not 3 way adjustables cause they are crappy 5 way or better....

theaccordian

Reaction score
cant believe my luck!! ECU and Jet Package delivered on the same day!!

DSC02259.jpg

Jet provided instructions, upgrade specifications, ecu locatin chart, and return shipping box. The upgrade leaves an area for you to fill in your engine mods and car specs(make, model,year ,etc).

Also it states what exactly they do "Modify fuel and ignition and ignition curves from 1500 rpm to WOT. Aggressive ignition advance curve in the JET program requires the use of 89 Octane gasoline, 91 or better recommended for best gains." States majority of Honda engines net 8-10 hp gain

ill be sending it in tomorrow, its gonna be a LONG weekend, is it too good to be true? lets wait and see. :p

theaccordian

Reaction score
got a question guys, how do I go about solving the immobilizer problem with a different ecu?

also went to friends shop to get exhaust and headers installed. But I forgot to take one thing into account. My car originally came from JERSEY!!= RUSTED TO OBLIVION. All the exhaust bolts and flanges were rusted into one solid mass of rusted metal. How do you east coast guys install exhausts. :mad:

DSC02263.jpg

DSC02262.jpg

see that nub there? originally that was the back of a bolt :eek: till the snow and salt got to it
DSC02261.jpg

seems like the bolt fused together with the gasket. You cant tell where one ends and one begins.

oh well at least I got my comptech 22mm rear sway installed. Yeah and the endlinks are rusted and stripped now too, so I guess im gonna have to add new endlinks to my list :mad:
DSC02260.jpg

who said size doesnt matter?
DSC02264.jpg

see that orangy black pipe, thats my rustbucket stock exhaust :mad:

looks like im gonna have to get my exhaust hacked off at a muffler shop.

Last edited:
Back