RETUNE UPDATE - Erik123456789's Official SOHC Turbo Build!!!

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Re: G23 Question..

Contradictory statement if I ever saw one.

OBD1 conversion, chipping, and dyno tuning should run around $500.

FMU and ML are around $200, and you might want to throw in around $500+ for the engine rebuild/change you will need the first time it runs lean.

Unless there is some way to simulate OBDII online diagnostics on a chipped ECU, I would not have any other choice.

And it's not the complexity that keeps me away from going OBDI, I can do the conversion by myself, I just don't know how to get passed DEQ.

I'm all ears if you can give me some info on how to fool DEQ, and the simply..."you can swap back to OBDII every two years" is not what I want to hear.

Last edited:

Atreidies

Reaction score

Unless there is some way to simulate OBDII online diagnostics on a chipped ECU, I would not have any other choice.

And it's not the complexity that keeps me away from going OBDI, I can do the conversion by myself, I just don't know how to get passed DEQ.

I'm all ears if you can give me some info on how to fool DEQ, and the simply..."you can swap back to OBDII every two years" is not what I want to hear.

LOL, I had the same issue when I was first looking into it. You CAN chip odb2 ecu's, but the chips are expensive, can only be written once, and very few people can tune them.

If they hook you up to a dyno when doing smog, you will not pass with any FI set-up.

Atreidies

Reaction score

Am I missing something or just confused? Aren't you selling the H22 head?

Last edited:

Erik123456789

Reaction score

Yea but if no one buys it before next week I'm just gonna use it anyway lol. I found someone who can wire up the g23, thanks to Roy. I'm still gonna semi build my motor whether it sells or not lol.

Last edited:

Erik123456789

Reaction score
Re: Erik123456789's Official SOHC Turbo Build!!!

So.. Here's my first update for today!!

Got this in the mail. :jae:

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score

Thats always fun, just did that yesterday.

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score

Yea i got everything ready friday night, then just pulled it out yesterday afternoon. Limited garage time ftl.

Back