SykVSyx - and so it begins....

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Well, as per my sig, I have officially purchased my J35(02 MDX) and Tranny(05 Oddy). Yes, I am keeping it auto for now, but there will be updates to come on that in due time.

I will update this thread with pics and a parts list.

Engine/Transmission/Exhaust:

'02 Acura MDX 3.5L Engine
'05 Odyssey Transmission
'02 TL Type-S ECU
'02 TL Type-S Engine Harness
Innovative Motor Mounts 60a
'03 CL Type-S Pistons
'03 CL Type-S Intake Manifold Spacer
'96 Infiniti Q45 Throttle Body
Custom 3" CAI
Smalser Performance Custom 3.5L Intake Manifold
Smalser Performance Custom Throttle Body Adapter/Spacer

RDX Fuel Injectors w/ Scion pigtails
RDX Injector Adapters - 6 pack
XS Power Headers
Odyssey 140amp Alternator
AEM Under Drive Pulley Kit
Optima Yellow Top Battery
Apexi WSII Catback Dual Exhaust
Greddy Emanage Blue
NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs
Full Engine Gasket Kit
Timing Belt/Water Pump

Of course, no point in upgrading performance without upgrading suspension/braking as well.

Suspension/Brakes:

Koni Yellows - current/old setup
Eibach Sportlines - current/old setup
Function & Form Type II (12kg - Front/10kg - Rear) - new setup
Progress 24mm RSB
Stock FSB
Universal Rear Tie Bar
Wicked Tuning Rear Camber Kit
U/R Front Lower Brace
U/R Rear Lower Brace

'06 Acura RL Front Calipers
'03 Nissan 350Z 12.8" Front Rotors
'07 Honda Pilot 12.3" Rear Rotors
Ceramic Pads Front/Rear
Smalser Performance custom front caliper brackets
Smalser Performance custom rear caliper brackets

*Items in red still to purchase.*

Finally, some pics.

The Bzns

Engine-Tranny1.jpg

Engine-Tranny5.jpg

Engine-Tranny4.jpg

Engine-Tranny3.jpg

Engine-Tranny2.jpg

ALOT of people to thank for all the info and knowledge they have shared with me, and I will be sure to list each one of them at the completion of the build.

Last edited:

Darianjr1

Reaction score
Yessss I been waiting for this I been staring at that sig for some time now lol just patiently waiting

scrapnav6

Reaction score
Congrats derek! This is such a tease since it will probably be months untill you make a progress, no offense. I hope things go smoothly for you and im sure you did a boatload of homework so im sure it will. Are you planning on driving another car during this process or do you plan on banging it out like a vietnamese prositute?

:aznrun:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Yessss I been waiting for this I been staring at that sig for some time now lol just patiently waiting

awesome news Derek!

Yay finally revealed! Good luck man, good to see you at it. Lotta V6 swaps been goin on lately!

Thanks, Guys, yeah, it's been a long time waiting, still a ways to go, but this was obviously the two major components.

Twill be beast, Derek. What parts do you have left?

I am hoping so Chris, even though it will still be auto. I will be doing the CL-S cam swap, I have a throttle body spacer on my J30(OBX), not sure that it is compatible with the J35, so I will probably pick up the P2R one. I do plan on getting a whole new gasket set as well as doing the timing belt and water pump. I don't want to be repetive in this thread, so I will get a parts list up asap. There are wants/needs parts, so, IMO, I think the list is pretty extensive.

Congrats derek! This is such a tease since it will probably be months untill you make a progress, no offense. I hope things go smoothly for you and im sure you did a boatload of homework so im sure it will. Are you planning on driving another car during this process or do you plan on banging it out like a vietnamese prositute?

Thanks, Forrest, no offense taken, it will be a few months, but I would like to have it done by late summer the latest. There is no rush, and it NEEDS to be done right. Shouldn't really take to long to do it, I just need to get all the parts gathered. Currently driving the wife's TL, and hoping to get rid of that and get an MDX, so that will be the main car until mine is up and running.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
3.5 tb is bigger than the 3.0, so your OBX spacer won't work.

Who is doing your swap? I know you've thrown the idea of Paul and another shop that's local back and forth.

You have to do the swap when the time is right for you, but I do advise that you get all the parts you need asap, then make a date, whether that date is 2 or 3 months out. Just to have it in stone. These things can get drawn out since they are a bit daunting, and a lot of variables have to come together. Just my advice. :)

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
yeah, I figured there would be a sizing issue, so I will be going with the P2R TBS.

It may be a local shop here, or the help of some knowledgeable friends, but unfortunately, taking it to Paul isn't an option for me.

Definately, I have every intention of getting all the parts together first, especially if I end up taking it to a shop, I want them to have everything they will need.

Back