Accordman722's G23 Build.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Re: Accorman722's G23 Build.

im doing a g23 as well, buying a fully rebuilt f23 bottom end with 86.5 bore done to it with balance shaft eliminator kit already installed and i have

What harness ? I thought you could use the f23 harness ?
Usually you would use a h22 harness.

jdmcg3

Reaction score

build a g23 because its really cheap and easy to do. Plus you get 200whp just after the head swap and k20 pistons

cheap+fast=not reliable
cheap+reliable=not fast
fast+reliable= not cheap.

and going from the swap you were gonna do to this.. things may seem easy.. but alot of things have to been done just right in order to make the swap reliable.

and maybe with type-s k20 pistons you can make 200. but thats due to the 12.6:1 compression rate.

Last edited:

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score

That's true. The more you look into it the more you realize how much little bull**** has to be done. Also there's a perfect tune involved and being sure not to go to high compression, etc.. Some of those reasons plays into just going f23 internals and boost.

Accordman722

Reaction score

Great info! I would but id rather have something different. I love Dual cams :)

Accordman722

Reaction score

Small Update. Picking up a H22 head and another F23 block this weekend. Sold my J35 so ill be getting K20 type s pistons and a few small things.. If anyone has a DIY on how to plug the oil drain ports correctly

akoutmos

Reaction score

Lookin forward to this. Keep up updated.

I've seen the drain holes plugged two different ways. I

'm pretty sure i read somewhere that someone used a stack of dimes and RTV forma-gasket. I wouldn't recommend this way lol.

Another way is to drive a plug into there, and when the head goes off the the re-surfacer, it will be grinded flush.

Another way that i have thought of but have not seen anywhere, is to take a piece of aluminium and weld it inside the head as to block off the hole from inside the head. Don't know if this is possible given the geometry of the head, and how accessible the drain holes are.....but food for thought.

Back