My J32A2/6MT -> 2001 V6 Accord Swap Thread

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
UPDATE 2

Since, I didn't want to reuse a 200K km shift boot and shift knob, picked up a Honda Accord shift boot and an RSX Type S shift knob. Assembled ... can't wait to shift again :)

DSC00053.JPG

Updated parts list as well.

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much has all this costed you so far? Looking to do a 6 speed swap by next summer

So far the cost only includes the materials (see first page); labour will be another issue altogether. Engine swaps typically run anywhere from $1000 - 3000 depending on the difference between donor and target. Going from auto to manual will probably run you another $1000 - 1500.

I am having a few other things done as well, but I'll let you know how many hours it took for the J32A2/6MT, and from there you can calculate the price at your shop.

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
UPDATE 3

Had the target car towed on a flatbed truck and dropped off at the shop this afternoon. All parts are in :)

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Awesome, Jakub.

Didn't make it by last week with the storm, but will probably swing by next weekend or during the week next week when I have a day off.

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome, Jakub.

Didn't make it by last week with the storm, but will probably swing by next weekend or during the week next week when I have a day off.

I figured as much, no problem, just let me know when so I can give them a heads up.

I tried this over the automatic shift knob, before we said our goodbyes :)

IMG-20140110-00002.jpg

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
UPDATE 4

Shop owner called me today, they're officially started on the car today! Will try to update with pics when possible.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Nice! Progress is always a good thing.

So, you'll let me know when is a good time?

brian6speed

Reaction score
Was the donor cl wrecked? If not, I feel sorry for that car. Only 3000 were made in manual and not many left. I bought my 03cls6 new in 2002.

I would rather use a cl shell over an accord shell.

Back