Wheel options for stock suspension

mossberg

Reaction score
I4 EX coupe. I've got the stock 15" alloys with 195/65R15 tires.

Apologies for hurting the eyes of those with lowered rides. :eek:
ze6emuvu.jpg

Tires will need to be replaced soon. I'm considering using this as an opportunity to maybe change my rims because:
1. They have lots of curb rash
2. I wouldn't mind a wider, beefier looking set of wheels. The stock wheel/tire combo looks very narrow when viewed from front and rear.

One possibility is having them professionally polished, but I assume this will run at least $50 per rim, and for not much more money I can probably buy a set of rims with relatively new-ish tires on craigslist.

I'm keeping my suspension stock for now, and perhaps for as long as I own this car, unless I save up enough to buy a small pickup truck (the Accord is my only car and I often end up on gravel and dirt roads to get to some of my regular destinations).

So my question is what are my options in terms of rims and tires with a stock suspension, especially options that would not:
1. Make the wheels look even smaller relative to the car - the 15" stock wheels look kind of small relative to the wheel wells. I know this cannot really be improved without lowering, but I don't want to make the visual any worse with a different set of rims/tires.
2. Make the car look like a pickup truck

Suggestions?

In another thread related to this (but got too much into the suspension modification path, which I'm not pursuing anytime soon, hence new thread), someone suggested Acura CL (pre-2001 to get the 4x114 lug pattern) rims. These are 16", and I've seen a set for sale with 205/55 tires. Would these work? Anyone know what the offset and width are on these rims?

I think the stock 6th gen i4 coupe (and sedan) wheels are +45 offset; not sure what the width is, and couldn't find it via search - anyone know the width?

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
So basically you are wondering what other 4x114 15” or 16” wheels you can substitute that will look normal with stock height since you plan to keep the OEM suspension.

I believe all i4 6GA alloy wheels are 6" wide. But some may have been 5.5". Just go to one of the sites that sells OEM wheels and it will list the width.

Last edited:

mossberg

Reaction score
So basically you are wondering what other 4x114 15” or 16” wheels you can substitute that will look normal with stock height since you plan to keep the OEM suspension.
Exactly. And in addition to looks, what works well without pushing the car's tolerances too hard.

I believe all i4 6GA alloy wheels are 6" wide. But some may have been 5.5". Just go to one of the sites that sells OEM wheels and it will list the width.
Thanks, I'll look it up when I get home.

Last edited:
Back