Canon 70-200mm

Raymond

Reaction score
Honestly, I wouldn't buy anything you don't 100% NEED if you can't afford it. I have a credit card and the only thing I use it for is school books at the beginning of each semester and I pay it off as time goes on to avoid spending the large sum of cash at one time. Otherwise, I refuse to buy things I can't currently afford. That's just me...

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i only want a credit card to have a credit score...dont really care about the APR since itll get paid off every month...

and if you carry a balance, you might as well have waited to buy it outright cause you gave the CC company money to give you money.

well now were getting way off topic...but thats just my opinion of the matter.

dynasty

Reaction score
Honestly, I wouldn't buy anything you don't 100% NEED if you can't afford it. I have a credit card and the only thing I use it for is school books at the beginning of each semester and I pay it off as time goes on to avoid spending the large sum of cash at one time. Otherwise, I refuse to buy things I can't currently afford. That's just me...

agreed. truthfully, even though i have a Canon 30d but my lenses are cheap. all of them are under $100. i believe it works the same way as an expensive lense BUT the expensive lenses give you an advantage when you need a faster shot. i don't really understand the "quiet" lenses. don't know why photographers hate "noisy" lenses. haha. but anyways, what i do is i set my mode to manual and i shoot every picture using my own settings which it makes my pictures the same quality as the expensive ones. but if your planning to do photography as a business then yes, buy that expensive lense. if it's a hobby, i would think twice. i believe any IS lense would do the job.

Edit_ i reached 2000 posts! whoo!

tnguyen600

Reaction score
yea...way off topic. i think some of you guys are getting the impression that im getting the credit card to buy the lens and then pay the credit card company back with interest.

nope. not the case. sorta. I would get the card with 0% APR for the first 12 months. Meaning that I have 12 months to pay off the cars without accruing interest. I have a steady job that gets the bills paid. So, if i do decide to buy a $600.00 lens, I'd be making payments of $50 per month...and honestly, it'd be paid off before then.

over the past two years, i have acquired two American express cards with promotional 0% APR for the first 6 months. At this point, i have acquired 23,000 points, never missed a payment, never paid interest, and already have my third card. i think i'll be ok.

turbo_911

Reaction score
I have 70-200mm f/4 non-IS version, its a really nice lens, and the image quality is a lot better then 55-250mm IS one I had. Thing is now I want to get the IS version of 70-200mm because if your in low light and in full zoom your shutter speed should be equivalent to zoom range, so if your at 200mm your shutter speed should be 1/200 in order to get sharp picture while with the IS version you gen go as low as 1/15 because it has 4-stop Image Stabilizer and plus that lens is weather sealed and newer and had little bit better IQ then non-IS version. If your budget is low, go with the non-IS version, but if you can afford the IS version go with it then. Thing is it all depends on what you are going to shoot, where (indoors/outdoors) and what's your budget. If you are shooting a lot indoors, I would recommend getting the 2.8 non-IS version, its almost the same price as the f/4 IS version. Hope this helps.

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
the F4 is a great lens....the pictures that come out of the diff lenses say more about the photographers skills than the lens...altho if you aren't gonna shoot inside...F2.8 may not be worth the extra blur...the IS is nice...but if you are shooting a still car in bright sunlight you may not ever require it....

also...L glasses hold their value well...so its not like if you buy one and you want the other version you will lose money....heck i could sell my 70-200 for at least what i bought it for right now...so keep that in mind and dont' feel trapped

tnguyen600

Reaction score
haha thanks for the input. I ordered the lens a couple of days ago. Amazon store credit ftw lol not sure if i should get the mount or not b/c its like 150 lol

Back