bloop bloop

Nismode

Reaction score
Re: Free Lens!

i don't really mean to be harsh...its just that if you never run into limits of your equipment it's harder to learn the abilities of your good lenses....IMO you need to stop spending money...there will always be "deals" out there...and just shoot

especially because there are tons of lenses out there...and everyone has different needs...you can't possibly know what you need from the start...i admit the lens is awesome but i really don't use it all that much...some of my favorite pictures have been taken with it so i do love it but they represent a small percentage of my favorite pictures...A LOT of my favorite pics i've taken were with the kit lens...

what is weird to me is how people invest so much in glass without a flash....like...i know you can shoot wide apertures inside and survive...but my pictures turn out so much better with flash and it's one of the best things to learn IMO...it gives you so much more ability with every lens...without it you are losing out cause we all live inside and not outside...you will be glad you did also when family events happen and you are able to take pictures inside that aren't motion blurred and lit correctly ...
+1. My 18-55 (non IS) kit lens was garb. The new one that is IS is actually a decent lens. I was just spoiled because I received a 28-135 IS lens with my camera along with the kit lens. I later ended up selling the kit lens. The extra length along with the better glass enabled me to take a lot better pictures. But you can only know by getting comfortable with your equipment. I recently tried a 55-250 lens at a photography store and I looooved the range. But I asked myself where am I really going to use it. It would be nice to have, but ultimately money and lenses can't compare to practice and experience.

PS. My camera came with a speedlite flash as well :)

xluben

Reaction score

Lemme know if you ever decide you want a 55-250mm IS :D

My 18-55mm (non IS) takes some pretty nice pictures, but 18mm wide open has horrible vignetting.

Nismode

Reaction score

Lemme know if you ever decide you want a 55-250mm IS :D

My 18-55mm (non IS) takes some pretty nice pictures, but 18mm wide open has horrible vignetting.
Depends on the price man :)

My 18-55 felt really cheap. The 50 f/1.8 does too, but that takes amazing pictures.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score

there ARE such things as bad lenses from the factory. nikon users have that issue, and its documented. the pentax 16-50/2.8 is well documented to have decentering issues. this is considered a "pro" lens...the DA* series are equal to L lenses in Pentax-speak. the canon 1ds3 has AF issues with some lenses...

there is no such thing as a perfect lens. a lens is not excused from the laws of physics.

tnguyen600

Reaction score

^ u just said bring it back in a few months....now u saying u will wait til end of the week for a email? If your mind is set on keeping it then by all means keep it....don't let us saying it then u feel bad or somthing then it make u want to return it......

Its always good to get free stuff !!

When I said bring it back, I meant my situation as to getting the lens in the first place. Theres a thread about it. As far as getting the second lens, I just received that yesterday. What I do with these two lenses, I'll keep to myself. lol

finch13

Reaction score

Standard kit lens? The vignetting isn't too horrible, depending on the composition.

This shot was taken with the 18-55 wide open... vignetting is minimal, and really only on the bottom...

PS - This should look familiar to you :D
capitollawn.jpg

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score

the what can be excused for the laws of physics?:lurking:
nothing is...even in a vacuum youre still subject to gravity etc.

what i meant is...if you are putting something together as complicated as a zoom lens, there are bound to be mistakes they dont catch.
When I said bring it back, I meant my situation as to getting the lens in the first place. Theres a thread about it. As far as getting the second lens, I just received that yesterday. What I do with these two lenses, I'll keep to myself. lol
sell em both (not at the same time or in the same place :doh: ) and get the f/2.8 version :lawl: or sell one and do something else with the money...

xluben

Reaction score

Standard kit lens? The vignetting isn't too horrible, depending on the composition.

This shot was taken with the 18-55 wide open... vignetting is minimal, and really only on the bottom...

PS - This should look familiar to you :D
capitollawn.jpg
That's what I see out my back window.

In low light the short end, wide open is pretty sub par from what I've seen.

That lens can take some awesome pictures, though:

466635558_CKdLr-L.jpg

466650275_XcYx6-L.jpg

466638465_79sLy-L.jpg

466640538_top9b-L.jpg

Back