Spare tire cover not sitting flush

mossberg

Reaction score
Cleaning out my trunk and I noticed something I had forgotten about - the spare tire lid doesn't sit flush. Seems to be due to the styrofoam blocks attached to the underside of the cover. I can get a close to flush fit with the rim facing up, but cannot secure the wheel in this position because the bolt isn't long enough.

I'm guessing either the original owner changed something or I'm missing something because I cannot imagine that these cars left the factory this way.

apu9uhuq.jpg

y9eqeha3.jpg

esenypat.jpg

Last edited:

Matt1264

Reaction score
Im having the exact same problem right now. It sat fine a couple weeks ago but now it won't. Iv'e tried moving the wheel around every way possible and cant figure it out.

mossberg

Reaction score
Im having the exact same problem right now. It sat fine a couple weeks ago but now it won't. Iv'e tried moving the wheel around every way possible and cant figure it out.
Yeah, I think we're both missing something here since yours used to fit, and I can't imagine the prior owner of my car changed any parts in the wheel well area, since the only mod I could find on the car was a K&N air filter.

Hopefully someone will be along to enlighten us with something that I'm sure will seem obvious after it is pointed out. :Stupid Me:

mossberg

Reaction score
it should be facing down. can't you just take the styrofoam blocks off?
I could, but I'm guessing those came from the factory, leading me to believe there is a way to get the cover to sit flush with the blocks there.

Back