THE Tire Review Thread

Macsrule15

Reaction score
Brand & model & size:Khumo ecsta AST 205/45/17 on 17x7
Price paid, Mileage: $346 after tax picked up mount and balanced myself 2000M soo far
Pros : great!! wet/dry traction! good looking treat pattern,
Cons: none so far! great!
Final verdict: i will Defiantly buy these again!! and everyone should look into them
Purchased from: onlinetires.com

Chorilored

Reaction score
Brand & model & size – Falcon Ziex 912 & (512's before 912’s) 225/40/zr18
Price paid, Mileage – about 100$ each, about 9k miles on new 912's
Pros – quiet, look good, grips well, good mpg…(912's side wall look much nicer and "fuller" than the 512, 512's side wall curved too much into the fenders.
Cons – kinda heavy tires
Final verdict – I would def. buy again and recommend. Wish they were lighter, and looking forward to buy some azenis next time for my turbo torque :p

Last edited:

Darianjr1

Reaction score
Nankang NS-II 215-40/18 Ultra High Performance Summer

Price paid, Mileage - $87 shipped, so far they have 10,000 and thread has held up very well considering im a daily driver

Pros - Stretch really good for those in the slammed game and great
traction

Cons - Wish they were all-season

Final verdict - I love these tires I am going to buy again if I dont get some Falken 952 cause how they hold an ultra strong bead. Definitely good tire. Good bang for buck.

FIGHT4MYACCORD

Reaction score
Brand & model & size – ZE-912 (HP) 205/65R15 94V
Price paid, Mileage – about $90 each and 15,000 miles.
Pros – good trend
Cons – loud on the highway
Final verdict – I would try something different but for the price theses tires did great.

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Brand & model & size - Continental DWS, 235/35/18
Price paid, Mileage - 130 ish each, about 9,000 miles
Pros - They roll, haven't gotten them to understeer yet
Cons - They will break loose in the lightest of rain with medium throttle, kinda noisy, I'm scared to make an emergency brake in the rain.
Final verdict - Wouldn't buy these again, They way they've behaved in the rain gives me no confidence that icy and snowy weather would be any better. Good thing there is no snow in Florida.

Nissan2anAccord

Reaction score
Brand & model & size - Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position 195/65R-15 (on stock 4 lug alloys) From Tirerack.com
Price paid, Mileage - 90 a tire 402 after shipping, i think i have about 5-9k on them...
Pros - little road noise, good straight line traction in wet and snow (including heavy braking and moderate acceleration for conditions)
Cons - no corner grip in messy conditions (i.e. light snow, rain and ice), have to slow down significantly in order to keep solid grip, plenty of understeer when pushed to limit but easy to regain the grip (this is also using the straightest line i can at 35-40mph through a 90degree turn when moderate throttle is applied to hold the speed)
Final verdict - would buy again if there isnt a better option and/or i don't be such a "spirited" driver... it actually rides really nice at 65mph :) i just have wind noise when the radio is off :D

Last edited:

ShaGGy21

Reaction score
Brand and Model, and Size- Hankook Ventus V2 Concept H437 All Seasons 225/45/17

Price Paid and Mileage- Paid $408.00 with free shipping on Discount Tire Direct and have driven on them about 2000 miles already

Pros- Good tire in dry and wet conditions. Cant complain and not noisy at all (Doesnt bother me anyway, I bump to loud music)

Cons- None so far

Final Verdict- For the price I would definitely buy again. Quality affordable tire. Great in weather conditions. Will have to update in the winter when we have snow

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
Brand: Riken Raptor ZR 245/45/18

Price: $165/tire

Pros: They seem to do fine in just about everything for me, even snow. I do, however, have traction control in the Jaguar so I'm sure that helps a ton!

Cons: Nothing really so far, they ride quiet and grip as well as can be expected. I don't really do anything except drive the Jag though.

I'd buy em' again.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Michelin Primacy MXV4 215/50R17 Grand Touring All-Season Tires
Price paid, Mileage: $676.00. Put on 14k miles (1year) so far.
Pros: Amazingly quiet & comfortable.←(One of the best 3 tires on the market.) Long treadwear life. 6 Years / 60,000 Miles warranty.
Cons: Price being a little on the higher side.
Final verdict: Definitely buy them again. Very good tires for those of you suffering from stiffer suspension setups.

PIRELLI, CINTURATO P7 215/50R17 91V Grand Touring All-Season Tires
Price paid, Mileage: $574.92 50 mi.
Pros: Very x2 comfortable and quiet ride. Steering response is sharp. awesome dry traction. Wet traction is good enough to handle the weather up here in the PNW. Supposed to have a long tread wear life, so we'll see how it goes.
Cons: Not made in Italy lol.
Final verdict: Yet to be determined, but if these tires reaches 70K miles, I would definitely buy these again.
f2a464bc2491c65d371c8d532682fdf2.jpg

Last edited:
Back