Egi7's H22 swap thread !!!

Egi7

Reaction score
As many of you remember I was doing the G23 swap this spring break, when I suddenly blew my motor due to hydrolock. My G23 setup is for sale, pm if you want a quote. Since the insurance was paying for a new motor, I decided to go H22. I just ordered the motor today from JDMaddiction for $1140. Motor will be shipped out this monday, and swap starts as SOON as its gets here. Stay tuned for pics :D

-Mike

theaccordian

Reaction score
there goes another G23 build goin unfufilled. Looks like is all up to you darkside!!

Egi7 good luck with the swap, are you lokking for a ob2 or obd1 H22? and what driver side mount are you gonna use?

Egi7

Reaction score
I bought a obd1 motor. Its a JDM BB4 H22a with 44k miles. I already have a obd2b-obd1 conversion harness, so I will use that. The driver side mount will be modified to fit. Motor will be here Wednesday, swap will start Thursday.

Sonnick

Reaction score
Egi7 said:
As many of you remember I was doing the G23 swap this spring break, when I suddenly blew my motor due to hydrolock. My G23 setup is for sale, pm if you want a quote. Since the insurance was paying for a new motor, I decided to go H22. I just ordered the motor today from JDMaddiction for $1140. Motor will be shipped out this monday, and swap starts as SOON as its gets here. Stay tuned for pics :D

-Mike
Ahem..clears throat.......

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd assume he got the whole engine/tranny combo for $1140, if not I think he's already 5spd anyways. So just dropping the long block in wouldn't be much of a challenge.

HandoEX

Reaction score
BlkCurrantKord said:
I'd assume he got the whole engine/tranny combo for $1140, if not I think he's already 5spd anyways. So just dropping the long block in wouldn't be much of a challenge.
That would be an amazing deal. His car is an auto though so I am wondering which auto tranny he is going with. I haven't seen an H22 auto 6th gen so I'm excited to see where this one goes.

Back