Chrome gauge rings

racerzedge

Reaction score
Hey guys,

This is a response to the following thread...

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30667

It was getting too long so I decided to put up a new thread.

So with all the talk about chrome gauge rings, I decided to search for some, and found a set made by Ractive. I purchased them through eBay for less than $20. The set came with the chrome rings and chrome panel. I only installed the rings so if anyone wants the chrome panel, let me know, I'll give it to ya for free.

picture.php

This is what it looks like.

The install was pretty straight forward.

There are adhesives on the inside of the rings, so it's pretty much press and done.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

One thing I do need to mention (and thank you RedRyder for pointing this out). You need to make sure the bottom part of the center gauge gives enough clearance for the butt of the needle between 70 - 85mph.

picture.php

Gently move all the needles, except for the fuel gauge needle, to test for adequate clearance.

Put everything back together and go for a drive at night.

picture.php

picture.php

Another problem I encountered after installing these rings, was the temp needle kept getting caught on the ring. It didn't mess up the needle, but I'm anal about having everything working as it should, so I cut a little slot in the chrome ring around the butt of the temp needle. Alas, problem solved, and I bet you can't tell from the night shots :)

vtec_905

Reaction score
Nice job man, looks good.

Do you have a link to the eBay website for the gauge rings? Can't seem to find it myself.

racerzedge

Reaction score
I checked with the seller (ckchristyl), but she no longer has any available for our gen. Sorry guys, just keep looking, but don't shell out more than $20 for this piece of accessory.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
One popped up, amazing. I bought mine a couple years ago for around that price, and from Ractive. Don't remember if it was the same seller or not. There were several back then, but then they just disappeared. Glad you could get your hands on some.

Interesting the butt of your temp needle was hitting the ring, only one I had a problem with was the speedo ring, which I had to crimp a bit. Thanks for the reference. :thumbsup:

PS they look great.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i must be the only person on earth that had problems with the speedo ring not fitting right and looking like complete dick.​

99cfENVYv6

Reaction score
Ive been looking for these for years with no luck at all :(

I did find 1 member on v6p that had them, but he wanted WAY too much ($80)

snip33r

Reaction score
looking good..
can you please post a close picture of the nick that you cut to make the Temp. needle work properly. i am encountering same problem but not sure how to cut so i wont ruined those rare rings
thanks in advance

Back