rivet-on fender flares

snydas1987

Reaction score
yeah bro, Thats actually the exact look n pull im trying to get. Im going to have the front pulled like those ones exactly. And with the rears since its a 4door sedan i new i wouldn really be able to get them pulled out much at all so iv been trying to work out a way to get them pumped/flared out without effecting the door and door jam. Thats the first wide body job iv seen done without interfering in that area..
Im gonna flick him a PM and get some info on how the rear guards were done.
cheers
snyds

xci.ed6

Reaction score
My guess...

~4hr per corner (prior to paint), so ~$125 per hr, $500 per corner.

I still think it's pointless. We can fit CRAZY wheels with stock fenders.

snydas1987

Reaction score
Im more wanting to have my front guards pulled, pumped flared as much as the guards can handle. The rears will have the lip pulled a little bit but the rears mostly need to have the lip rolled as 10" wide wheels fit pretty easy on out model but to get 10" wide up the front could be abit harder so im having the front guards worked on fairly heavy.
Im quiet happy with the price iv been offered and the work is being done by 1 of australias best n biggest cutom mcar shops. Iv seen the work at the biggest shoes here n iv seen them win from show n shine to burnout comps to dyno tests.. So im really stoked n proud to have them working on my car..

thanks for everyones help n i look forward to showing the work done in the build thread il be starting soon

snyds

Varnell

Reaction score
Best thing I've come across yet. I'm not a fan of rivet on plastic flares. If I can't find a better fitting product in the next few months I'll most likely be trying my hand at these.

fenderflare.jpg

fenderflare2.jpg

fenderflare3.jpg

fenderflare4.jpg

http://ssworxs.com/product/kyusha-metal-fender-flares/

Silver99

Reaction score
I have rivet-on flares and they look good, but i'm in the process of molding them into the car to make a better look.

White6GAV6

Reaction score
Just buy some 20 gauge steel and some cardboard/poster board. Make a stencil out of the cardboard/poster board that fits the wheels how you want it and then trace it onto the metal and cut it out. Would probably end up being cheaper. A 5'x4' sheet of metal around me cost about $40. You can even use free USPS envelopes to make the mock-up flares. More work, but if it save you money and you can make them how you want them, might as well do it. IMO anyways

Varnell

Reaction score
Just buy some 20 gauge steel and some cardboard/poster board. Make a stencil out of the cardboard/poster board that fits the wheels how you want it and then trace it onto the metal and cut it out. Would probably end up being cheaper. A 5'x4' sheet of metal around me cost about $40. You can even use free USPS envelopes to make the mock-up flares. More work, but if it save you money and you can make them how you want them, might as well do it. IMO anyways

I'd love to try my hand at it. I think I'd be fine with cutting and measuring. Not sure how'd I'd go about rolling them into shape, though.

Not into the bumpers or skirts, but the fenders give me some hope.

2.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited:

Varnell

Reaction score
Is this Icy or Azn? Would love to see if he posted any info on the process? Welded, I assume, since Rocket Bunny hadn't come out yet.

Back