Spark plug wires to coilpacks

Dnguyen211

Reaction score
So I changed my motor in a 98 V6 accord and I went t a 2002 motor which has coilpacks and I went to start it but it wouldn't start, I thought it was the ecu so I swapped that out and I also swapped out the immobilizer inside the key but when I go to start the car the key light flashes then when I plug my 98 ecu back in and use the key for that ecu it works fine, I don't know what is going on and need the car by Sunday help please!!

Connie

Reaction score
What happens if you put the key in, turn it to run (position 2), and jump the starter with a wrench?

I banged a starter cap once while pulling a motor and knocked the pressed-on piece loose, so the cap rattled and had an intermittent ground. When it wouldn't start with the key, I had a wrench in the glovebox, and it would fire right up when I jumped the terminals.

Make sure it's in Park first.

Connie

Reaction score
Does the immobilizer cut power to the computer too or just prevent the starter from engaging? If the immobilizer just prevents the starter from engaging, the car would start with this method. If it cuts power to the computer, it won't. Maybe someone who knows more about the immobilizer will chime in and clear this up.

The main relay on my girlfriend's mom's car went (2001 Lancer) went out (no crank no start), and the car would start right up if you jumped the starter. She now has a fancy push button start I put in for her, and that was over a year ago. Cost $15. Ghetto but functional.

I've never had to deal with/had any issues with the immobilizer on these cars. Sorry I can't help you there.

Dnguyen211

Reaction score
I can get the car to crank and turn over but won't start I believe the immobilizer is restricting spark and fuel

Back