RR's '99 coupe EX-L

604ACCORD

Reaction score
I like that hood even more but no using the factory hinges is a game fader.. Mine is fiberglass also came right out of the box with no work needed, it was gel coated white. Its very well made.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
When I 1st saw ur new lense, I thought it was one of those .5 gen differences got revealed again haha.

I'm digging the depo's. If you ever became concerned about your safety, you can always put a reflective sticker on it 'n keep it shiny and safe in the dark.

I painted mine on my headlights so this reminds me that I should do that.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Jordan_H

Reaction score
I really love your new mirrors. They look way more aggressive probably because they're little bulkier? Always been a big fan of your car.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Center tail light is wrapped. Jon PS'd my car awhile back with it all red and I liked the look, so for now I am leaving the reverse lenses covered. Got plans for a new reverse light setup though.

This housing is missing some gaskets so I am going to look for some thin foam to cut up.

temporary_90.jpg

I like that hood even more but no using the factory hinges is a game fader.. Mine is fiberglass also came right out of the box with no work needed, it was gel coated white. Its very well made.

Yeah not sure how the factory hinges and struts would attach, and I would want the factory hood latch to work with it too. Not sure if that's possible with that fiberglass hood or not, might not be strong enough to drill holes for hardware?

When I 1st saw ur new lense, I thought it was one of those .5 gen differences got revealed again haha.

I'm digging the depo's. If you ever became concerned about your safety, you can always put a reflective sticker on it 'n keep it shiny and safe in the dark.

I painted mine on my headlights so this reminds me that I should do that.

Oh good idea, I like that thanks. Might cut something to fit behind the screw since no light is emitted from that area.

I really love your new mirrors. They look way more aggressive probably because they're little bulkier? Always been a big fan of your car.

Thanks Jordan. They do stick out further I think. I like how the sail has some sculpting to it and the lines flow into the mirror. And the fact that the glass has that blue tint to it is a nice bonus, though it's not quite as blue as the tint on the 3G TL's I don't think. Can't wait to get the power folding going.

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
It wasn't until I looked on the back of them that I realized they were DEPO. Yea I like the brighter, clearer red and it matches the tail light tint better. And I think these just look a little more modern. No reflector anymore but oh well.

Anyway they are actually for 94-97 Accords but those, the 94-02 Prelude, and the 6GA coupe all use the same sidemarker.

Would make sense, Depo likes that bright/clear look. I like them.

Do you have a link for where you found them, I checked ebay, but didn't see the red ones.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
New reverse light setup installed. And yea it's bright as hell. :lawl: I still need to aim it but it's so nice to be able to see anything and everything now. Here's a few pics, I'll get more tomorrow.

temporary_91.jpg

temporary_92.jpg

temporary_93.jpg

Essentially it's an LED light bar with 10 CREE chips, 6 rear facing and 2 peripheral facing at both ends. Pretty thrilled with this thing, used a 6-pin female connector left over from the mirror project and used it to pin in the wires to the trailer connector in the trunk. Between that and routing the wires through the grommet for the license plate light, the wiring is pretty OEM. Thanks to Jon for that idea.

Would make sense, Depo likes that bright/clear look. I like them.

Do you have a link for where you found them, I checked ebay, but didn't see the red ones.

Yes sir, here ya go. Enjoy. :) They even come with bulbs, hardware, and the plugs. I just reused the old plugs though, and my LED bulbs.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Diamond-Cut...ash=item25a47960d3:g:SY8AAOSwEeFVLa0y&vxp=mtr

Last edited:

604ACCORD

Reaction score
That is bright as hell where did u mount it?

The hood I got basically looks like a metal hood it's very well built and has mounts for everything to bolt up to. The only thing I had to do was dremel out the window spray nozzles. I'll take some pics from under tomorrow and post them 4 ya.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
It's mounted to the bumper, the lip and air spoiler hide most of the mounting brackets but I'd like it to be just a little more tucked so I'm going to see if I can make my own. Also going to paint the screw heads black, and smoke the lens a little to hide it more.

temporary_94.jpg

The hood I got basically looks like a metal hood it's very well built and has mounts for everything to bolt up to. The only thing I had to do was dremel out the window spray nozzles. I'll take some pics from under tomorrow and post them 4 ya.

I wonder if the the hood I posted has all that, I'll have to pester an Ebay seller to see if they have something other than just the stock photos. Cool, thanks.

Last edited:

604ACCORD

Reaction score
So here's some pics sorry if they sucks it was in my underground.

Mount for hood piston

I still haven't dremeled out the hole for the prop so this is how do it

The hinge mount

That led reverse light is sweet where did u get it from

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
So here's some pics sorry if they sucks it was in my underground.

That led reverse light is sweet where did u get it from

Thanks for the pics, nice that they built it to be set up to use the OEM hinges and all that. Do you know what brand your hood is, or who made it? Wish that same manufacturer made the one I want.

I bought the light from Amazon. I was skeptical but it got a lot of positive reviews and for my purposes it is perfect.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K8K104W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Back