Broken pinch bolt

JoeyG401

Reaction score
WTF finally started installing my Type 1s and the passenger side pinch bolt head broke off. now the bolt itself is stuck in the damper fork before it even began to losen...

someone help pleaseeeeee

JoeyG401

Reaction score
probably will put the back two in tomorrow and have my mechanic take care of the passenger side bullishh

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
If you have a good drill and steel bit you should be able to drill it out. If you don't then just take the fork out, if you have any thread available try to thread one of the other bolts from the other three sides down into where the bolt is stuck and it will push the broken bolt out. If you can't do that then take it to a mechanic and have him weld a bolt with a head / or just an hex bolt top and racket that bish out.

Good luck, hate that this happened.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
If you have a good drill and steel bit you should be able to drill it out. If you don't then just take the fork out, if you have any thread available try to thread one of the other bolts from the other three sides down into where the bolt is stuck and it will push the broken bolt out. If you can't do that then take it to a mechanic and have him weld a bolt with a head / or just an hex bolt top and racket that bish out.

Good luck, hate that this happened.

lolwut matt? threading a bolt in won't push the other one out....your best bet is to drill it out or just get a new one. I'm sure you can get one off car-part.com for pretty cheap.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
lolwut matt? threading a bolt in won't push the other one out....your best bet is to drill it out or just get a new one. I'm sure you can get one off car-part.com for pretty cheap.

Well I was trying to be resourceful but I realized I.

jab281.gif

:lawl:

Last edited:
Back