Rhino Ramp thoughts

simplicity

Reaction score
I picked a pair up from my auto store the other day and tried it out.

Worked pretty well, no slipping while I drove up and lifted my car enough for an oil change, a lot simpler than using my jack stands. But that's not what I got them for, I picked them up cuz my hydraulic lift wouldnt fit under my sister's mini cooper.

They are rated at 8000 lbs but I still wish I could have room to put some jack stands to be safe.

Was wondering if anyone else had experiences with them and what you guys think?

Jeffro

Reaction score
I just bought some of the heavier ones (I think rated to 12,000? That seems like a lot while I sit here and think about it though...) and they've worked out pretty well. They are much longer than the steel ones I used to use on my grandfathers farm, which tricked me the first time I tried (I thought I was never going to get to the top, lol) Now that I'm used to them though, they are quite handy, and much lighter to carry around than the old steel ones. I also don't have to worry about a tetanus shot every time I use them, either... :skurred:

simplicity

Reaction score
12,000?? yeah that is a LOT....8,000 lbs is a lot already. But I still don't feel "safe" under the plastic like material. I am sure it is pressure treated to withstand the weight but I'd rather have some room for jack stands somewhere ..."just in case"

Other than that, it is very handy and light weight. Might be a problem for people with lip kits though as it barely cleared for me.

tiktawk

Reaction score
I have them. I bought them because the old set of steel ramps I have wouldn't fit under the front bumper, and noticed a friend used the plastic ones for his Saturn (which is even lower) so I bought a set. Works fine and as said before they don't slide away.

Th only caution I have is treat them carefully and inspect before use, especially if you live in a cold climate as plastic can crack easy at below freezing temps.

For my Pilot, I use the steel ramps.

VietNinjaJ30A1

Reaction score
I use the 8,000lbg GVW rhino ramps as well. I love them...it's SOO much easier than using a jack and the car can get so much higher while feeling safe and sturdy.

yellowfever

Reaction score
yeah i use them when ever i change my oil, i think i have the lightest weight version and honestly i feel much safer under those than jack stands. Think about it, alot of the weight of the car (though the engine is obviously in the front) is still resting on the ground through the rear tires. So each ramp is holding less than 1000lbs. Plus there dirt cheap.

Jeffro

Reaction score
are they light? I'd love to use those instead of jacking up the car.

I know my "heavier grade" ones are flippin' light. And the reason I have the heavier ones is because I wanted them to hold my suburban :skurred: and now my Ridgeline unquestioningly, and they haven't made me nervous yet. Except for getting used to the longer distance to the top, they have been great performers IMO.

Back