tailight connector

lwlba

Reaction score
okay, so i feel like a noob asking this.

anyways, i got me some new taillights and i went off to try to switch them. i was able to get teh housing off, but i can't get the clip/connector off of the old tailights. (the one that links to the lightbulbs and also connects to the wires) any ideas? and of course i searched.

coupe btw.

greatly appreciated.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You mean the part that attaches to the bulb? Push the clip in and pull, use a small flat head screwdriver if you have to.

f23accord2000

Reaction score
i know what your talking about i had a hard time getting them out too its like the get stuck in there when i bought my new tail lightyou really have to push the tab down and pull hard

lwlba

Reaction score
hmm i was able to get the connector disconneted from the wire through the tab. sobasically i was able to get the taillights off the car. but the connector is still on the housing, and i din't see any tabs? :thinking:

dynasty

Reaction score
tail light? don't you just twist the connector of the harness off of the lamp? unless you're talking about the headlights which is hard for me also. haha

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
you talking about taking the bulb out of the tail light? rotate it to the left and it will come out. if thats not it, and youre talking about the plug, just push the tab on top down and unplug it.

lwlba

Reaction score
i had no trouble twisting the light bulbs off. but the light bulb is connected to an adapter, that's connected to an connector (which is the one i had truolbe taking off, and it's attched to this little extended piece on the housing of the tailights), and the connector plugs into the wires that gives it power and such.

the connector can be separated. i was able to separate it by pressing onto the tab into 1)the connector, and 2)the connecter that is on the wires side.

i can't get 1) off of the housing.

dang maybe i should go take a pic.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
ahh, i have no clue then, hahaha. never dealt with coupe tails....i was just going off what i know from dealing with my sedans for the millions of times ive taken them off both 6g's ive had, hahahaha

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
pic please.... i really dont feel like going out to my car just to see what your talking about :lawl:

lwlba

Reaction score
here it is.

DSC01962-1.jpg

see that red circle part? that's the connector i was talking about, already separated from its wire side plug. but it's stilla ttached to the little stick thing on the housing. any ideas?

Back