Question reguarding boosting

JetLife

Reaction score
I was just going through the forum and noticeed there arent any boost V6's, just 4 cyl'ers. At least i didnt come across any.

Why is this? any certain reasons?

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
MoneyPit is boosted

There's another member with the boosted V6 automatic on YouTube.

Not many are boosted because it is alot more fabbing to do than just dropping a supercharger.

JetLife

Reaction score
MoneyPit is boosted

There's another member with the boosted V6 automatic on YouTube.

Not many are boosted because it is alot more fabbing to do than just dropping a supercharger.

theres more fabbing compared to the 4's? im not engine savy so it makes me wonder

SykVSyx

Reaction score
If by boosted you mean turbo'd, then yes, there is more work required with the V6, than with a 4cyl, because there isn't anything really designed for a turbo application for the V6.

There are plenty of S/C'd V6's, whereas, you won't find many S/C'd 4cyl.

Alot of guys have parted out the S/C'd setups because they are getting out of the Accord game, however, with the builds that are being done either through NVA-AV6, or individually, S/C setups are making a slow comeback, especially with the M90 setup over the Comptech option.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Woah...who sells an M90 kit, I was never a fan of the Comptech but I might be interested in an M90.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Woah...who sells an M90 kit, I was never a fan of the Comptech but I might be interested in an M90.

You would have to either pick up your own or contact Paul(NVA-AV6) about doing the build for you.

I can tell you that if you just want the complete package (without the M90 S/C) from Paul, you are looking at about $2500.

The M90 is better suited for the J32/J35 and other non-J30 setups. The Comptech S/C is fine for the stock J30.

Last edited:

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
becos teh v6 is teh gh.....

oh wait, mikey will get his panties in a bunch if i said it :coffee:

generally tho, 5spd I4 > autotragic v6

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Bummer, his setup puts it in the same place as comptech. Once I figure out what to do with the power steering I'll make a GM M90 fit on top of a CLS manifold. I figure one adapter plate, a belt tensioner, and possibly a crank or charger pulley. Adapt a Honda TB to the charger inlet and cap off the stock TB location, and cut a nice big hole in the hood to show it all off.

Back