Glad I Don't Live In Cali

Varnell

Reaction score

As far as stretching tires, there's obviously a limit. However, watch the torment professional drifters put them through. It's far more than an average commute will inflict on them.

Reading through comments from the video I learned a few things about the decibel test. For example, 4cyl engines tend to produce higher decibel readings than loud v8s. Which might explain why the officer kept repeating "that's not the test" when the driver kept referring to the officer's bike.

My only grievance with the officer is that we all know these laws were made to exploit a local trend and cash in on some easy tickets. The driver should have been more respectful, though I can empathize with his situation. If an officer tried to claim my coilovers, stretched tires, etc contributed to my Accord being unsafe I would have been furious and insisted on proving it could outperform most cars on the road.

Last edited:

Varnell

Reaction score
Lol Just read quite a few strange laws from Switzerland.

I'm still trying to figure out why almost every aftermarket car part I've ordered has come from California. That'd be the last place I'd set up shop.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Wow, what a desperate cop. Trying to meet his quota of the month, so he can afford another Frappucinno or something?

Didn't go through the comments on his video, but...

Maybe the guy was really running a demon camber with crazily stretched shoes. (Weather it looks fit or not is to each one's own.)

Maybe the five-oh was just doing his job, making sure that him and his car won't be found dead on the road in the end.

Or, the guy was simply unfortunate to be copped by a piggy five-oh, and his car wasn't really a much of the subject for the infraction as he believed.

More or less, it's just a shitty feeling when you get pulled over just b/c your car is modified. So, I don't give cops a good reason to pull me over. (No way in hell imma let them sip a coffee at a café while they're on duty.:flipthebird: Barista sayin'.)

Oh, don't mention my smoked front plate tho. Shhh. :burnout:

Last edited:

nexTOme

Reaction score
Lol Just read quite a few strange laws from Switzerland.

I'm still trying to figure out why almost every aftermarket car part I've ordered has come from California. That'd be the last place I'd set up shop.

May I ask why CA would be the last place to setup?
Because you personally don't like it? because cops here are **** towards enthusiasts? You gotta look at it from business perspective.

As far as imported parts, California has the biggest port, which is in Long Beach. It's cost effective to receive container full (or LCL or even LTL) of parts and stock in the warehouse close to the port. I mean, isn't CA known for that? :lawl:

Infrastructure is well setup here.

This also explains biggest garment industry, which heavily rely on oversea manufacturing as well.

Varnell

Reaction score
May I ask why CA would be the last place to setup?
Because you personally don't like it? because cops here are **** towards enthusiasts? You gotta look at it from business perspective.

As far as imported parts, California has the biggest port, which is in Long Beach. It's cost effective to receive container full (or LCL or even LTL) of parts and stock in the warehouse close to the port. I mean, isn't CA known for that? :lawl:

Infrastructure is well setup here.

This also explains biggest garment industry, which heavily rely on oversea manufacturing as well.

Good points. I was leaning more towards the fact that none of the parts are legal. I personally wouldn't set up an aftermarket business where I couldn't sell coilovers, exhausts, etc to anyone in the same state. With the port, it makes sense from an online retailer's standpoint.

nexTOme

Reaction score
Good points. I was leaning more towards the fact that none of the parts are legal. I personally wouldn't set up an aftermarket business where I couldn't sell coilovers, exhausts, etc to anyone in the same state. With the port, it makes sense from an online retailer's standpoint.

Well, you can always sell them with "OFFROAD USE ONLY" statement, which majority of them do :rofl:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^always funny when I see that printed on packaging for LED bulbs. The aluminum pedals I just bought had that verbiage too haha.

Back