Best short ram intake?

xpieceofcralpx

Reaction score
i wish in Cali, we can do the ebay plus aem/k&n filter route. not here, gotta have the carb legal stamp on it, so we have to buy the more expensive kits aem or k&n brands complete with pipe and filter -__- , all good though, still sounds nice :) and looks better in the engine bay

SykVSyx

Reaction score
You can get a CAI, just make sure you get a bypass valve as well.

Otherwise, the cheaper is better suggestions will do just fine.

jwong512

Reaction score
I recommend just getting the Taspro hybrid intake. The way it's designed, it's basically like the newer ram air intakes that most car have. Short ram throttle response but with the performance of a CAI.

BriTess

Reaction score
I recommend just getting the Taspro hybrid intake. The way it's designed, it's basically like the newer ram air intakes that most car have. Short ram throttle response but with the performance of a CAI.

I'd love to buy one but Tasauto hasn't had them in stock for over a year.

jwong512

Reaction score
Just get some intake piping off ebay and just have it hook up to your stock intake airbox. Then hack off the bottom of it so you have a bigger air suction area. Don't hack off too much though, just enough to get the opening as big as the box.

imaricer:)

Reaction score

interesting...

i bet it sounds nice?

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
either make one from your stock air box

or

buy a cheap Ebay intake and a GOOD filter

we are talking about an intake here, you can cheap out here and still benefit from the power you get

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
You'd have to drive through a pond to hydro lock your motor, a CAI isn't a problem.

unless the cai on the v6's are considerably higher then the ones on the 4cyl it definitely can be a problem. I member local to me hydrolocked his accord in a pretty shallow patch of water on the road. He was lower then most but it still happened to him in a pretty small amount of water. For the price of a bypass its definitely worth the extra protection.

I agree with what everyone else is saying here though egay piping with a nice filter or converting your stock intake would be the way to go.

Back