Can't get strut/shocks to go back in place

xi0utlawstarix

Reaction score
good to hear you got it out. :squintrun:

one last pic of the bracket that's connected to the knuckle and endlink :D

IMG_0039-1.jpg

hellfire127

Reaction score
phew, finally got both rears put in. wasn't as bad when i figured out how to take the rears out. the sway bar method was definitely the solution. i had both rears lifted up and still couldn't get the 2nd one out without removing the sway bar bracket. thanks

also, these tein ss seem to sit about the same or little bit lower than my eibach pro that i just took out. they're adjusted to the highest height settings with oem damper setting according to redlinevtec who sold them to me already assembled and adjusted with the top hats. i got these in order to prevent the rears from rubbing but looks like they may still rub with them being this low. will prob have to get the correct wheels. i'll put up some pics later to show you guys. got to work now...and speaking of that...

IS IT OK TO DRIVE FOR LITTLE BIT WITH THE BACK BEING TEIN SS AND FRONT BEING EIBACH?

I wont have time until tonight to put the fronts in :-/

hellfire127

Reaction score
ok guys one more question, my rear seems to be sitting very low. i think the seller may have adjusted on the wrong setting. he told me it was on max height. here is the pic of one of the sides installed earlier. shouldn't the green wheel part be turned up?

photo1pws.jpg

i can't even get my jack under the metal part to raise it up in the rear.....

99accord boi

Reaction score
thats the lowest setting buddy and the idiot who told u it was at max height lied ..thats max drop

hellfire127

Reaction score
thats the lowest setting buddy and the idiot who told u it was at max height lied ..thats max drop

ok, he prob forgot to adjust it to max for me. so i'm guessing the little screw with green top is the tool that adjusts the ride quality? how do you tell which setting you're on the ride quality. also, looking at the coilovers, what's the max height I can go? i don't know if it's good to go past half of the silver coils for the height.

sorry for all the questions, it didn't come w a manual and i can't seem to find one online.

imaricer:)

Reaction score
ok, he prob forgot to adjust it to max for me. so i'm guessing the little screw with green top is the tool that adjusts the ride quality? how do you tell which setting you're on the ride quality. also, looking at the coilovers, what's the max height I can go? i don't know if it's good to go past half of the silver coils for the height.

sorry for all the questions, it didn't come w a manual and i can't seem to find one online.

u adjust the height with the two collars, loosen the bottom one and raise the top, then the bottom one locks underneath the top. the screw on top you are talking about is for the ride quality (soft or stiff) most ppl just leave that alone for daily driving.

hellfire127

Reaction score
u adjust the height with the two collars, loosen the bottom one and raise the top, then the bottom one locks underneath the top. the screw on top you are talking about is for the ride quality (soft or stiff) most ppl just leave that alone for daily driving.

ok, need to lock the underneath then. i'll have to play around with the height, don't know what the limit is.

i guess the bolt for ride quality would have to be performed on top of the struts where the top screws that hold the assembly to the car. is there anyway to tell what ride level i'm on?

imaricer:)

Reaction score
ok, need to lock the underneath then. i'll have to play around with the height, don't know what the limit is.

i guess the bolt for ride quality would have to be performed on top of the struts where the top screws that hold the assembly to the car. is there anyway to tell what ride level i'm on?

i think the limit would be all the way up as far as you can? like to the dust covers or whatever

and im not sure about damper adjustments since i havnt owned a set of full coilovers yet, im just aware of what they can do, on yours im sure you adjust them at the top of the shock

Back