*URGENT* Hovering RPM's

001Stunna

Reaction score
Heres a video I took of the O2 voltage for both. They were both at 1.275 upon start up, then slowly dropped to the level you posted and started dropping as I have recorded. And you'll here my cat converter rattling in the video, it's been bad for a while now just haven't had the money for a replacement.

http://s1126.photobucket.com/albums/l616/j30man/?action=view&current=VIDEO0010.mp4

Ill try it again now, what should I be looking for?

well just to get an idea of the o2 sensor voltage when you're not getting the erratic idle which might influence the o2 sensor voltage(~possibly)

J30MAN

Reaction score
well just to get an idea of the o2 sensor voltage when you're not getting the erratic idle which might influence the o2 sensor voltage(~possibly)

bank 2 stayed around .05 - .08. and bank 1 was around .300 - .500

001Stunna

Reaction score
bank 2 stayed around .05 - .08. and bank 1 was around .300 - .500

Your bank 1 should possibly be going higher then .5v ...possibly .3-.8v.
However i dont think your issue is being caused from them (from how much i know).

If you know another one that has a 6thgen local to you, see if you can swap o2 sensors just to test.

J30MAN

Reaction score
Your bank 1 should possibly be going higher then .5v ...possibly .3-.8v.
However i dont think your issue is being caused from them (from how much i know).

If you know another one that has a 6thgen local to you, see if you can swap o2 sensors just to test.

Yeah I dont know anyone with a V6, that'd be good way of testing though.

Other that that idk what to do at this point. Is my IAC valve still a possibility?

001Stunna

Reaction score
Yeah I dont know anyone with a V6, that'd be good way of testing though.

Other that that idk what to do at this point. Is my IAC valve still a possibility?

Yes to the IAC valve.

Check around how much you can pick up the o2 sensor for. You need DENSO Part # 2344727. Its only for ~$50 on RockAuto.com for OE style.

J30MAN

Reaction score
I mean when I list out the only possible problems : Vacuum/intake air leak, bad IAC valve, bad O2 sensors. It doesn't seem so bad haha :ugh:

J30MAN

Reaction score
Yes to the IAC valve.

Check around how much you can pick up the o2 sensor for. You need DENSO Part # 2344727. Its only for ~$50 on RockAuto.com for OE style.

Yeah the primary is like $42 at the local auto parts store.

001Stunna

Reaction score
I mean when I list out the only possible problems : Vacuum/intake air leak, bad IAC valve, bad O2 sensors. It doesn't seem so bad haha :ugh:

Don't forget possible bad TPS.
Also did you check the vacuum hose that goes to the IACV (i think there is one or not...)

Edit: Does your tool show you a TPS reading...at idle it should stay at about 9.4%

Last edited:

J30MAN

Reaction score
Don't forget possible bad TPS.
Also did you check the vacuum hose that goes to the IACV (i think there is one or not...)

That too, but my scanner reads where the TP is at and it's reading accurate, I figure that means that it cant be that?

And I had two hose connections on the IAC valve that were removed and put together (DIY intake coolant bypass mod). Other than those its just the harness that goes to it.

001Stunna

Reaction score
That too, but my scanner reads where the TP is at and it's reading accurate, I figure that means that it cant be that?

And I had two hose connections on the IAC valve that were removed and put together (DIY intake coolant bypass mod). Other than those its just the harness that goes to it.

Take off your bypass and observe as the car heats up. It might just fix your problem as coolant was meant to go there for a reason...or whatever you used to plug the hose port is cracked somehow.

Last edited:
Back