car jerks in the morning from reverse to drive

themachine

Reaction score
Found out, it was my engine mount that was causing it..transmission seems to be a good condition.
New engine mount will cost about 250 at the dealer, will look around for an aftermarket one

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Remove it, fill it with somethin (with oem in there!) in a caulk tube. You can probly find urethane crap, I went silicon for a mushier version. It worked fine for me.

themachine

Reaction score
Remove it, fill it with somethin (with oem in there!) in a caulk tube. You can probly find urethane crap, I went silicon for a mushier version. It worked fine for me.

Will that hold it for long term? I can't find an aftermarket one and i rather keep the oem to be honest

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Probly hold for at least a year.

Advance Auto doesn't have 'em? Odd. Which one is toast?

themachine

Reaction score
Probly hold for at least a year.

Advance Auto doesn't have 'em? Odd. Which one is toast?

I think the problem isn't even the engine mount, could be the transmission itself.
Engine mount isn't so bad, a little weak but from what i heard, the jerk supposed to happen at any given time not just in the morning.

If i warm my car up for more than few mins (10min), the jerking is significantly less. From P to R, i feel a jerk, from R to D it's a bit smoother.

Usually the biggest "jump" or jerk happens from R to D and it's not the usually jump, it's enough for you to know something is not right.

Yesterday it was hard to get to second gear but once i drove it for few mins, it's like nothing happened. Everything seems to be smooth. I'm really thinking at this point it could be the transmission. Any thoughts on what i should check first??

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
I have the same problems, jerks from P to R. I just go from P to N for a few seconds, then move to reverse or drive from there. Seems to work for me. Otherwise shifting fine... Original trans, 205,xxx mi

themachine

Reaction score
I haven't drove the car a lot these days as i'm looking for jdm f23A engine/transmission here in Canada. I noticed that after the car hits operating temperature, from P to R, it will act like it's about to switch off and sometimes it does. The dashboard light all come on when that happens.
When i try it again, it doesn't happen and car will run a little rough then fine.

Is this related to transmission or more the ignition switch. i'm changing the transmission fluid tomorrow, just to see if it helps in any way.
I also noticed that when i put my key in, i have to flip it over to the other side to start the ignition because for some strange reason the key won't move to start up. And few months before, it looked like the car was about to switch off at certain stop lights.

I googled around and i've seen plenty of similar issue but not from P to R. This happens ONLY when the car been sitting overnight. It seems to be ok if i drive it after sitting for 8-10hrs.

Back