car jerks in the morning from reverse to drive

xci.ed6

Reaction score
The first one looks fluid filled, no leaks, ok.

2nd & 3rd, same?

Might be worn, hole should be in the middle.

Also you checked SIDE mounts, check TORQUE mounts, front & rear.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Also, front goes UP, probly, in reverse. Large gap there, it's movin pretty good when it 'hits

themachine

Reaction score
Also, front goes UP, probly, in reverse. Large gap there, it's movin pretty good when it 'hits

Xci.ed, i'm not really not familiar with this part of the car. I've seen some movement when its in reverse and Drive. Is it supposed to or not?

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Both.

Lots of play, it MOVES
Oem, a bit
Aftermarket, very little
Solid, nothing.

They sustain movements for vibration, but they act against hard movements. The purpose for the 'triangle' bits mouted on the body side, to hit other rubber bits.

HotboxF23

Reaction score
Sounds like you got the curse of the Autos...let it warm up a bit and shift slowly bro and wait a second or so to let the tranny adjust...specially on cold days you will fawk ya tranny just hoppin in the car and pullin off

themachine

Reaction score
Sounds like you got the curse of the Autos...let it warm up a bit and shift slowly bro and wait a second or so to let the tranny adjust...specially on cold days you will fawk ya tranny just hoppin in the car and pullin off

I changed the mounts myself, (front and side) not the transmission mount tho. It's a bit better but still there.
I always let it warm up but i'm thinking about winter season man. I don't think it will last that long. I'm checking my options, my mechanic asked me to let him keep the car for few hours so he can confirm before we jump into conclusions.
My transmission oil was a bit low yesterday so i topped it up. Made some difference but i tell ya, in the morning, its a hassle. I drive for few mins and that 'jump into gear' never reoccurs.

My rpm is a little bit off too, will check it the IACV tomorrow. Feels like my car gonna die on me during red lights. Gonna have to clean the throttle body and change the pcv valve and spark plugs as they look worn to me. But in all honesty, i dont think any of that will make a difference in the issue. Maybe transmission mount as one mechanic was telling me it was worn and mine will check it tomorrow. If not, i just gotta accept its the transmission and go from there.

HotboxF23

Reaction score
I changed the mounts myself, (front and side) not the transmission mount tho. It's a bit better but still there.
I always let it warm up but i'm thinking about winter season man. I don't think it will last that long. I'm checking my options, my mechanic asked me to let him keep the car for few hours so he can confirm before we jump into conclusions.
My transmission oil was a bit low yesterday so i topped it up. Made some difference but i tell ya, in the morning, its a hassle. I drive for few mins and that 'jump into gear' never reoccurs.

My rpm is a little bit off too, will check it the IACV tomorrow. Feels like my car gonna die on me during red lights. Gonna have to clean the throttle body and change the pcv valve and spark plugs as they look worn to me. But in all honesty, i dont think any of that will make a difference in the issue. Maybe transmission mount as one mechanic was telling me it was worn and mine will check it tomorrow. If not, i just gotta accept its the transmission and go from there.

yeah the only thing that makes me think it isnt the mount is because it goes away after you drive a few mins. did you have the tranny checked for leaks in the pan gasket or transmission seal on the axle since you had low fluid ?

and as far as that idling issue, i would definately start with IACV and TB cleaning and check vacuum hoses

themachine

Reaction score

Bad news, the transmission mount is weak but the problem is the transmission. Leak from there, there's alot play from that axle. My mechanic said it's internal and to replace the mount after you replace the transmission..here's couple pics

Last edited:
Back