Gas pedal response messed up

james'99

Reaction score
So I just ordered doorman spark plug defoulers. I got these ones

Dorman 42009 Spark Plug Non-Fouler ...000CO91FY/ref=cm_sw_r_other_awd_d3HywbR03AYCT

It comes with 2. From a video I watched the dude drilled one with a 1/2 inch drill bit and attached it to the o2 sensor. The other one he didn't drill but he attached it to the cat then connected both parts. Can I skip the drill part and use just one or do I have to? I don't have a drill nor do I want to go get one. I got this one cuz it's small so I didn't have to worry about if it's too long and won't fit. Here's the video

https://youtu.be/GqDmmLQ4pGk

I wish I had a V6 so I could further help you but let me think on your previous post. Haven;t been on too much recently so sorry about that.

phi1542

Reaction score
I wish I had a V6 so I could further help you but let me think on your previous post. Haven;t been on too much recently so sorry about that.
Thanks man I appreciate your help! And its all good. I live in California will they check for this? Lmao I feel like this engine is a lost cause. I want J32 LSD 6 SPD hahaha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

phi1542

Reaction score
Could it be my flex pipe causing P0420?

r1myyc.jpg

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
my previous accord barely had any of that mesh left on the flex pipe and that car never threw a code for p0420. that code is usually either bad o2 sensor(s) or a bad cat. i saw you have a magnaflow cat, that could be the reason for it and i've seen people space the o2 sensor from the pipe and then they're fine. if that was already mentioned, sorry, i wasn't going to take the time to read through 11 pages of this...how something that's supposed to be urgent got to 11 pages and is still going after 7 months is beyond me though :thinking: plus, even if the flex pipe is leaking, you'd have exhaust exiting before the second o2 sensor, and therefore you'd be getting cleaner air to that second sensor which would fool your car into thinking it's running great :lawl:

Last edited:

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
my previous accord barely had any of that mesh left on the flex pipe and that car never threw a code for p0420. that code is usually either bad o2 sensor(s) or a bad cat. i saw you have a magnaflow cat, that could be the reason for it and i've seen people space the o2 sensor from the pipe and then they're fine. if that was already mentioned, sorry, i wasn't going to take the time to read through 11 pages of this...how something that's supposed to be urgent got to 11 pages and is still going after 7 months is beyond me though :thinking: plus, even if the flex pipe is leaking, you'd have exhaust exiting before the second o2 sensor, and therefore you'd be getting cleaner air to that second sensor which would fool your car into thinking it's running great :lawl:

You can change the settings in the UCP and make each page hold more posts. For example this thread is 3 pages for me... Just saying.

james'99

Reaction score

My buddy's accord threw the code when the flex pipe completely split open so I don't know. Also, my dad's Tacoma has a pinhole leak in it pre-cat and it causes a P0420. Its a known cause for that particular car for a P0420. It is very sensitive to pre cat leaks. Just kind of raising discussion and thinking this out loud with ya.

phi1542

Reaction score
Yeah new o2 sensors too. As for leaks I brought my car to a shop before when trying to diagnose this while back. He said no leaks. I have the defouler but I haven't had time to install it yet. Idk because if I do that it will go away forever so if there is an issue in the future I would never know because it won't throw a code. This was happening before I had the magma flow too. It just goes away and comes back. It's been there for so long and Ive been trying to pin point what it is. I can't seem to figure it out. Maybe the guy missed a leak when he checked idk. I'm going to the muffler shop tomorrow to get my quad tips on so I'll ask the guy to check for leaks while he is at it. This is beyond frustrating!!!!! I replaced everything related to it and no luck. Countless different OTC cleaners. No luck..... it's a curse lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Back