rear bumper cover removal

jwl03

Reaction score
hi, already did a search for this with no result. Are there any diagram /pics of how to remove the rear bumper cover on a 1999 accord sedan? I saw a post blacknight had of all these diagrams, but the pics won't load...not sure if its just this computer.

also, if we are trying to pop out a 5" sized dent of the corner of the cover, is it possible? or would we have trouble getting the cover off in the first place since the tabs / nuts holding it in might be damaged

thanks in advance guys!

reydio

Reaction score
I don't have pictures, but hopefully these will help you.

1. Remove your tail lights. There's plastic screws that holds the trims, you can unscrew them if they are still good or you can pop them out with a small flat screwdriver.
2. Once the tail lights are out, you can see the plastic hold down plugs on top of the bumper, pop them out. On top there is about 5 of them, at the bottom there is about 3 of them.
3. If you have mud flaps, remove them. Remove 1 large screw on the wheel well, remove another one with a philip screwdriver, you will need to look up in the wheel well to locate. Repeat at other side. The bumper is also held by plastic holders on both side of the bumpers, carefully pry loose.

Bumper should fall off with no problem. Hope this can help you. Good Luck!!

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
i don't recall removing the tail lights when i removed my rear bumper...under the tail lights are the same kind of clips that are under the headlights.....you just use a modest pull with a little bit of an angle to it and the bumper will come loose from under the tail lights...

then there are 4 plastic plugs on top and 4 on the bottom...and a screw/bolt at each end where the bumper meets the rear fender...

twofast4u

Reaction score
Sorry to bring this from the dead, but is this the same on the coupe? Thanks

nopiguy03

Reaction score
I am wondering the same thing I saw no rear bumper removal under the DIY thread

001Stunna

Reaction score
Coupe
86209315.gif

86209316.gif

Sedan
86209318.gif

86209319.gif

sentriz

Reaction score
Can you replace a 2000 Coupe rear bumper cover with a 2002 rear bumper cover? If it is not an exact fit is there easy modifications to make it work?

Back