RR's '99 coupe EX-L

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Re: RedRyder's '99 EXV6 Coupe **UPDATED 11/01/09 NEW PICS** (no 56k, sorry)

Nah my car isn't for sale. Well maybe for the right price. :lawl:

As much as I love these cars, I think any Accord owner would sell it for the right price. lol

Narftastic

Reaction score

super clean one of the cleanest ive ever seen keep up the good work:thumbsup:

JTM

Reaction score

Awesome car bro! Love the grille. Is there a DIY on that?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

super clean one of the cleanest ive ever seen keep up the good work:thumbsup:

Thanks a lot. :afro:

Awesome car bro! Love the grille. Is there a DIY on that?

Thanks, it needs painted. I never made a DIY...partly because it was one thing I wanted to keep to myself. lol Really though, it would be easy enough to figure out if someone wanted to do it.

Mikey

Reaction score

Chris, how do you like the Yellows and ProKit? How do they ride? How much of a drop did they give you? Etc, etc.

That's the same setup Im gonna go with, if I do decide to go lower. I was gonna order the Eibachs really soft or maybe even order a set of GCs set like soft Eibachs. Was just curious how you liked it.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

^Hey man, the setup has been good for me. I wanted ride quality close to that of OEM, but slightly firmer, thus I didn't want coilovers and went with Yellows/Pro Kit. Yellows on their softest setting are 20% stiffer than stock, which I was okay with. The car takes bumps/dips, etc well (of course you will feel them a little more, and even more so if you're on 18's like I am), the only adjustment I really had to make was going slower over speedbumps, road plates, etc which I always crawl over anyway. lol

The Pro Kits give a 1.5" drop, which closes some wheel gap...left me with roughly 2 finger gaps all around. Obviously in addition to damper adjustability, the Yellows have the snap ring/adjustable perch which allows you 1" of variance. Yellows work great with drop springs that give the same drop at front/rear because of this height adjustability. Like I said, the ride was good on the softest setting, but still firm enough that the car handled great. I never even adjusted the damper to be stiffer because I liked the way it drove. For example, under hard braking the nose didn't dive like it use to.

I have no complaints about the Yellows, the adjustability in height and stiffness is all you can ask for in a good shock. Plus lifetime warranty. And you can't go wrong with Eibach, the spring rates felt good, and they gave me the drop I wanted.

My Pro Kit springs will be for sale as of this weekend, because I am getting Sportlines installed this Saturday. Throw me an offer if you want them.

SykVSyx

Reaction score

Mr. Chris,

So.....upgrading to Sportlines are you! :whip_001:

Good stuff, I am happy with mine, although it would be nice to have the ability to raise and lower the car when I want, so I think I may go with a set of GC's to go with the Yellows.

I think I currently have my Yellows set about midway, so the ride is a bit bumpy, but I may adjust to a softer setting to see how I like it. Seems like we prefer a similar type of setup with our Yellows. :thumbsup: So I am hoping to have the same experience with mine.

Mikey

Reaction score

I wish I had the cash right now, Mr. Chris. A drop is merely just a dream as of right now. I have other, more important, things to be spending my money on at the moment. I just wanted to get an honest mans opinion. And you described exactly what I want. I want ride quality as close to OEM, but slightly firmer and it appears that the Yellows and Pros will do just that.

I know why you're upgrading to the sportlines, too, lol. Id like to go that route, ultimately, but i think the Konis and Pros will suit me just fine.

Is that 2 finger gap with 18s? Ive got a set of 17s for summer and 16s for winter, so im curious as to what kind of gap to expect.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Mr. Chris,

So.....upgrading to Sportlines are you! :whip_001:

Good stuff, I am happy with mine, although it would be nice to have the ability to raise and lower the car when I want, so I think I may go with a set of GC's to go with the Yellows.

I think I currently have my Yellows set about midway, so the ride is a bit bumpy, but I may adjust to a softer setting to see how I like it. Seems like we prefer a similar type of setup with our Yellows. :thumbsup: So I am hoping to have the same experience with mine.

Yeah. It's funny, I was reading my noob thread the other day (titled "Big Change Coming" lol) and I saw the post in there by Eric (Changaroo) saying within a year I'd be wanting coilovers. Well I definitely don't want coilovers, but I did start longing for a lower stance so he was semi-correct. Plus I saw Eric's car (00Accord4cyl) at IA last year and I liked his stance with his Sportlines. So you have them too, nice!

So the snap ring on the shock itself doesn't provide you with the height adjustability you'd like? I know the Yellows give you an inch of height adjustability, so between that already having a 2" drop I figured I'd be satisfied. I don't know much about Ground Control sleeves (or coilover sleeves for that matter). What exactly are they?

I wish I had the cash right now, Mr. Chris. A drop is merely just a dream as of right now. I have other, more important, things to be spending my money on at the moment. I just wanted to get an honest mans opinion. And you described exactly what I want. I want ride quality as close to OEM, but slightly firmer and it appears that the Yellows and Pros will do just that.

I know why you're upgrading to the sportlines, too, lol. Id like to go that route, ultimately, but i think the Konis and Pros will suit me just fine.

Is that 2 finger gap with 18s? Ive got a set of 17s for summer and 16s for winter, so im curious as to what kind of gap to expect.

Dude I'll sell the springs to you for fiddy bucks, not looking for a lot for them. And Yellows are on an incredible sale right now (lasts through April I think), if you saw Justin's thread. You could get the setup you want (Yellows and Pro Kits) for between $550 and $600 I bet, maybe less. But that still is a bit of cash, and there are definitely more important things in life so I feel ya.

The finger gap was exactly 2 all around with 18's I believe. With 17's it was maybe 2.25. It's been awhile since I had the 17's on, and my rears have been blown for a few weeks, so my memory on finger gap is a tad hazy.

Back