RR's '99 coupe EX-L

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Re: RR's 3.2L '99 EX-L Coupe 6MT

Yea the guy knows what he's doing, does super quality work. Only problem was he had it for 6 weeks lol.

The liner will be red like the rest of the lip, just textured. I still may even put garage door molding on it like Jon did.

SykVSyx

Reaction score

The liner is more for the protection of the bottom of the lip rather than the paint. I understand.

I actually like the garage door liner idea as well, and if I ever get around to putting my lip kit on the car, I would probably do the same.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

V__E603_zps5bb403db.jpg

The liner is more for the protection of the bottom of the lip rather than the paint. I understand.

Yeah any scraping, etc won't matter on the underside. He did a lot of reinforcing, the lip weighs a little more and it's not as wobbly as before. Just need to get it clearbra'd. Going to be more careful with it now, since I raised the car a little that should help.

Last edited:

G'sAccord01

Reaction score

Cool I'm not the only one with a stock radio lol. People get in my car all the time and say I've spent thousands on upgrades and haven't taken care one of the cheapest (audio setup) :lawl:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Cool I'm not the only one with a stock radio lol. People get in my car all the time and say I've spent thousands on upgrades and haven't taken care one of the cheapest (audio setup) :lawl:

lol audio is one aspect I don't really care to modify I guess. The stock unit/speakers sound good enough to me. I don't mind using CD's, and I rock the car kit tape thing for using my ipod. :lawl:

For awhile I wanted to get a double din then use the face from an OEM radio to cover it while parked. I never found a unit that was OEM looking enough for me, and I really only wanted one to have NAV. Since my phone has that and more, it just doesn't seem worth it anymore.

Hopefully I can get my lip done in time. Looks good

Hope it turns out well this time, I know you've had paint issues with that thing a couple times now.

Lip looks awesome. Can't wait to see it on your car :)

Me neither, it's been off for so long. :boohoo:

flowhard

Reaction score

lol audio is one aspect I don't really care to modify I guess. The stock unit/speakers sound good enough to me. I don't mind using CD's, and I rock the car kit tape thing for using my ipod. :lawl:

For awhile I wanted to get a double din then use the face from an OEM radio to cover it while parked. I never found a unit that was OEM looking enough for me, and I really only wanted one to have NAV. Since my phone has that and more, it just doesn't seem worth it anymore.

Hope it turns out well this time, I know you've had paint issues with that thing a couple times now.

Me neither, it's been off for so long. :boohoo:

Ha I'm glad others are running a stock head unit and speakers besides me. I really just wanted to keep the 6disc changer and i use the tape deck adapter for my phone. I agree the stock speakers don't sound that bad... I just wired my subs and amp into my stock head unit because i like to feel my music. Most modding I'll do to mine is that.

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score

It’s BACK!

He also applied several mils of liner on the bottom that not only keep the paint from getting scratched, but also adds strength. It’s the same stuff that came factory on rocker panels on cars like the 300ZX.

I'm going to be doing something similar as my front lip has got a few hairline fractures that I don't want to spread. Can you ask as to the name of this liner, I'd like to have something similar done to mine.

Back