Issue starting car sometimes

chrismister2k1

Reaction score
I recently bought a 2000 v6 that's had a check engine for random misfire and misfire in each cylinder which was codes 300 and 301-306. It also had a code for 1399 which is egr blockage. So I changed the spark plugs and all the coil packs cleared the check enginge light and took the car for a test drive. Drove it for about half and hour no light came back on so I park the car and about a half hour to and hour later I went to go leave and the car didn't wanna stay on it would go on then turn right back off. I checked everything and everything seems to be connected good so I try I few more times and it finally turned on after a couple of tries. The engine was shaking as if it had a misfire but no enginge light was on so after I couple minutes it didn't really shake as bad drove it and it drove fine started in this morning started fine and even a few times during the day and nothing then it happened again took a few times to get it started and when I did the engine was shaking again. Do you thinks its because of the 1399 code I had and still no check engine. Sry for the long paragraph also

Darianjr1

Reaction score
any code is where you start and fix that 1st if it still happens then thats when you really start investigating seems you already found the problem

chrismister2k1

Reaction score
Also forgot to mention when the car is on but just parked it smokes a little but smells like fuel and even when I changed the spark plugs they smelt like fuel also.

DonCourtnelious

Reaction score
Did you get this fixed???? same thing happens to me at times. I think it has to do with the level of gas. It only does this when im lower than a quarter tank of gas. But dont quote me on this

chrismister2k1

Reaction score
No I still didn't get it fixed yet. 8 was reading and on the 00 v6s there was a tsb for a upgraded fuel regulato with a upgraded ecu so I'm thinking it can be that I just have to wait to get some extra cash to take it to honda because I can't figure out what it can be unless anyone has any ideas.

Back