Sway Bar Size FAQ

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
Re: Sway Bar Sizes

you use the accord ones. you could reuse the ones on the car....if you dont have to cut them to get them off :lawl: personally, id upgrade them anyway. i was skeptical on them at first, but i got moog endlinks, and when i actually saw them, i understood why everyone liked them haha. theyre much better than the oem ones.

Last edited:

hotaccord243

Reaction score

that's what i thought, thanks!

Yeah everything gets so rusted down there, i know i had to cut off some stuff when i was installing the ingalls rear camber kit arms. Man that was fun haha.

finch13

Reaction score

The OEM front bar on sedan I4's is 26.5mm, I just bought bushings for 2 6GA's and that's what I measured and bought.

CHID0

Reaction score

So....it's pretty much pointless to swap out the front sway bars.....

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score

ill also add that the 04 tl progress bar is a tight fit with the brackets going to their locations. everything fits fine, and is secure, but its definitely tight. also, ive heard that just only with sedans, you have to bend down one of the exhaust hangers a little, and i did have to do that as well. idk if its the same for coupes.

hotaccord243

Reaction score

Yeah, i was thinking about doing the 24mm Progress sway bar for the 04 TL for my car (a coupe) but have only seen install done on sedans....

A little worried if it's more work than it's worth for an extra mm or two...

slaiguy

Reaction score

now post prices and do an evaluation of which is more bang for the buck :whip_001:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score

Yeah, i was thinking about doing the 24mm Progress sway bar for the 04 TL for my car (a coupe) but have only seen install done on sedans....

A little worried if it's more work than it's worth for an extra mm or two...

lol, there's no extra work, you just bend that hanger down...if you even need to haha. kevin, goldnknight, had one on his coupe.

Last edited:

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score

definitely not hard. and it is SO worth it.

you think it's just a few mm, but torsional rigidity increases exponentially the thicker a swaybar gets.

so a couple mm makes a really big difference. i'd get the progress sway all day every day.

Back