Chrome trim over window removal

AFAccord

Reaction score
This has been touched on before in reference to blacking out the chrome trim, but I really need to know how to completely remove the chrome trim surrounding the windows on a coupe. The front pieces seem simple enough, but how do you remove the trim along the bottom and around the quarter window?

XxESKIMOxX

Reaction score
You can use Plastic Dip Spray. Tape off what you don't want to spray. If you over spray it it can easily be peeled off with your hands. Just be sure to wash your car before you do it. Or detail spray and wipe the area you want to do.

jdmcg3

Reaction score
ive always wondered this to. but i wanna be able to put one back on. cause the first attempt when someone tired to break in my car.. it looks like they used a screw driver and jammed it in there... ruining my trim. so i need to take one off a junk yard car and swap it on to my bucket.

AFAccord

Reaction score
I don't think the trim is intended to be reused after removal. I'm going to buy new trim to replace it, but I want to be able to remove the old stuff without breaking any other pieces in the process.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
You’re right, it is not intended for re-use, the removal process results in bends and stress fractures that render it useless. Which is why most people just paint theirs flat black or use trimbrite blackout tape.

AFAccord

Reaction score
You’re right, it is not intended for re-use, the removal process results in bends and stress fractures that render it useless. Which is why most people just paint theirs flat black or use trimbrite blackout tape.

I want to respray my car without over spray on the trim (which is nearly impossible to cleanly tape off by its design), so I want to remove it completely. I'm not trying to black out the trim itself.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I know your intention is not to black it out, I just think that's why your question hasn't gotten many replies, because most people don't remove it.

It would be a pain to tape it off to the point that it would not get any overspray on it, and I agree the best thing to do is remove it. You might be the pioneer on removing it though. :)

XxESKIMOxX

Reaction score
I want to respray my car without over spray on the trim (which is nearly impossible to cleanly tape off by its design), so I want to remove it completely. I'm not trying to black out the trim itself.

Damn read it wrong lol.

AFAccord

Reaction score
I know your intention is not to black it out, I just think that's why your question hasn't gotten many replies, because most people don't remove it.

It would be a pain to tape it off to the point that it would not get any overspray on it, and I agree the best thing to do is remove it. You might be the pioneer on removing it though. :)

Well if no one here can tell me how to properly remove it, then I'm no worse off huh? :)

I still haven't looked in my service manual. If it's in there, I'll be sure to share.

Damn read it wrong lol.

No problems boss. You're certainly not the first.

Back