The Legend GS brake swap information thread

nwcg3

Reaction score
Bringing it back from the dead. The only thing I cant figure out is if there is a 4x114 rotor that I can use with the 28t legend calipers and bracket?

Doesnt it make sense to have a 28t 4x114 rotor versus doing the 23t v6 or 23t prelude rotor?

If there is a 4x114 rotor that is 28t size for the legend dual piston caliper please let me know!

Geewiz

Reaction score
Bringing it back from the dead. The only thing I cant figure out is if there is a 4x114 rotor that I can use with the 28t legend calipers and bracket?

Doesnt it make sense to have a 28t 4x114 rotor versus doing the 23t v6 or 23t prelude rotor?

If there is a 4x114 rotor that is 28t size for the legend dual piston caliper please let me know!

The rotors from the 92-96 Prelude VTEC trim are what is suggested. I did it and and it's the appropriate diameter and width for the 4x114 lugs.

(I'm actually getting ready to part mine since the engine blew and i have the full conversion with about 5k miles on it before the engine went.)

nwcg3

Reaction score
Ok cool thanks for the info. for some reason I misunderstood that the prelude rotor fits for diameter and width. I thought the write up said the prelude rotor would have some gap on the width like 3-5mm ?

Feel free to pm me if ur selling!

SSMNVCG3

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
What i ended up doing was finding a great deal on some brembo rotors for the v6 and had them re drilled to 4x114 and they fit pretty well with the 28t brackets

AFAccord

Reaction score
I'm selling the Prelude rotors from my setup. Centric high-carbon rotors with about 3,000 miles on them. Already sold the calipers.

Alpha_Onion

Reaction score
Quick question;
I'm getting the GS calipers and the 6th gen V6 brackets. Someone is offering me some 95 Accord V6 rotors (4-lug) as part of this kit. Will these fit, and if so, how well?

Alpha_Onion

Reaction score
I'm pretty surprised that nobody has posted part numbers for the GS calipers yet, so I'll do the honors :thumbsup:

Anyway, I went to my local Acura 'ship today and cross-referenced some parts. Turns out the Legend GS sedan shares the same calipers as the Legend coupe. This is a big relief for me, since GS trims are pretty rare and this opens up more opportunity to source parts from a coupe.

Here are the original OEM part numbers (remanufactured parts have different numbers):

Front Right: 45018-SP0-E01
Front Left: 45019-SP0-E01

Rare

Reaction score
Type II Dual Piston Brake Caliper with brackets -$150

I found this on craigslist off of a 94/95 legend and was wondering if the price is worth it for those calipers? I have a 98 v6 coupe btw so would this just be a direct bolt on?

Back