Passenger window slow rolling up

Accordx

Reaction score
Hey guys, my passenger side power window (coupe) rolls down just fine but takes way longer than it should rolling back up. I'm assuming it either needs to be lubed up or the motor isn't working as it should. Looked through the forums and couldn't really find anything on this. Please let me know if any of you have a similar problem, thanks. Probably gonna take the interior door panel off this weekend to check it out.

SupraGuy

Reaction score
It's worth diagnosing the electrical system.

the window switches use a couple of relays to send power to the motor. Those relay contacts can sometimes get a bit weak due to their location in the door. This isn't an uncommon problem in the Supra, for one. Unplugging the motor itself and using a multimeter can show a difference in voltage between "up" and "down" positions of the switch. If there is a difference, you need to diagnose both.

If the problem is mechanical, you will likely hear/feel it. The window motor will sound more strained, or there will be vibration in the window as you move it up. The window won't take much mechanical resistance to movement, the motors have a circuit breaker which turns them off if they're over strained. They shouldn't crush your finger if it gets caught in the window, for example. So an issue with speed is more likely to be electrical than mechanical. (It's still worth it to use a bit of graphite lube in the window tracks now and then.)

Accordx

Reaction score
It's worth diagnosing the electrical system.

the window switches use a couple of relays to send power to the motor. Those relay contacts can sometimes get a bit weak due to their location in the door. This isn't an uncommon problem in the Supra, for one. Unplugging the motor itself and using a multimeter can show a difference in voltage between "up" and "down" positions of the switch. If there is a difference, you need to diagnose both.

If the problem is mechanical, you will likely hear/feel it. The window motor will sound more strained, or there will be vibration in the window as you move it up. The window won't take much mechanical resistance to movement, the motors have a circuit breaker which turns them off if they're over strained. They shouldn't crush your finger if it gets caught in the window, for example. So an issue with speed is more likely to be electrical than mechanical. (It's still worth it to use a bit of graphite lube in the window tracks now and then.)
I'm definitely gonna take a look at everything this weekend, thanks for all the tips.

Blazinqwickly

Reaction score
Also check your weather strips around the window, I noticed that on my wife's Accord one of her windows is slow to roll up , but that is because it drags a little bit on the weather stripping on the inside glass that binds it up a bit from the door panel not being on 100% correct.

Just more food for thought.

Accordx

Reaction score
Also check your weather strips around the window, I noticed that on my wife's Accord one of her windows is slow to roll up , but that is because it drags a little bit on the weather stripping on the inside glass that binds it up a bit from the door panel not being on 100% correct.

Just more food for thought.

That's interesting, I'll check up on that.

Accordx

Reaction score
Sadly I didn't get to it this weekend as I'm a little under the weather and it's snowing a lot, but maybe later this week. Also my Monroe front shocks/struts came in this weekend, so that's something to look forward to.

Accordx

Reaction score
Well I fixed my door lock actuator on the driver's side and somehow my passenger side window won't roll up. I plugged everything back in and I can't get either sides switch to roll up the window. It's not making any noise at all. Already checked the fuses, none are blown. Anyone got ideas? Thanks

Last edited:
Back