Timing Belt and Water Pump chage problem...

MARSHIN2

Reaction score
ugh... making it short, i was taking it apart everything was going smooth, until i got a chance to look at my water pump. it seems the water pump i bought from TAS (did any one else have this problem?)isn't the same as the one on my car. so i drove to the honda dealership, just to find it closed since its july 5th.

i decide to not change my water pump and go on with everything. new parts went on, everything back in place, i lowered the car. turned it on and it worked fine for a moment and then this plasticy noise was heard. car runs fine and normal just that there is a plastic kind of noise. would it be one of the belts hitting the plastic cover? and it wouldn't be the valves right? how do those sound?

idk kinda disappointed after all that time it took :sad:

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Important information we need to know is: Did you get the kit with OEM parts or did you get the OE quality kit? The part number according to Honda automotive is 19200-P0A-003 4Cyl P/N 19200-P8A-A02 6Cyl I purchased the OEM kit a few weeks ago and have yet to install it. I have the mentioned part number.

As for the "plasticy" noise you are going to have to be way more specific. How exactly does something sound plasticy?

Last edited:

ZsleepizeZ

Reaction score
maybe you didnt specify the exact model of your car or they just got the wrong part
btw is your car v6 or 4cy?
i think the water pump is different depending on if there is vtec or not. not sure.

as for the sound, you will have to take it apart again and check.
you probably messed up on something during installation

finch13

Reaction score
V6 vs. I4 are different water pumps for sure.

VTEC vs. non-VTEC doesn't matter, same pump.

They might have sent you a F22 or K24 pump...

As for the plasticy sound, there's a small chance of the belt rubbing on the timing belt covers unless the belt wasn't fully seated...

toomtoomvroom

Reaction score
Just a few questions for you guys.

Where did you guys get your parts?
Are they oem or aftermarket? anyone one have experience with GMB,Continental, Bando, Stone parts?
How much was it?
And what did you guys replace?

I'm looking at a aftermarket kit which includes the following for $168 shipped.

One New GMB Water Pump
One Water Pump Gasket
One Timing Belt
One Balance Belt
One Koyo Timing Belt Tensioner
One GMB Balance Belt Tensioner
One Crankshaft Seal
One Balanceshaft Seal
One Balanceshaft Seal Retainer
One Camshaft Seal
One Valve Cover Gasket
Four Spark Plug Tube Seals
Five Valve Cover Bolt Seals
One Alternator / Air Conditioning Belt
One Power Steering Belt

I've got a mechanic that quoted me $300 for labor. Is that reasonable?

My car 1999 Accord LX 4cy Automatic

finch13

Reaction score
I bought my parts from South Bay Honda aka hondapartscheap.com.

I STILL DON'T GET WHY YOU GUYS CHEAP OUT ON CRUCIAL PARTS.

It's like going to a physical therapist for brain surgery... sure they're in the same business, but the brain surgeon will do it right.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
i bought my parts from south bay honda aka hondapartscheap.com.

I still don't get why you guys cheap out on crucial parts.

it's like going to a physical therapist for brain surgery... Sure they're in the same business, but the brain surgeon will do it right.

qft.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Bending vavles definitly does not sound like plastic parts colliding lol. Also after you bend your valves, your car will not run anymore.

Does your car vibrate at all? did you install the balance belt correctly? I wouldnt drive until I figure out the problem

SoCalAccord2000

Reaction score
you want genuine honda parts, dont cheap on out your engine.... Tasauto.com timing belt kit 180 all belts and water pump genuine honda :boink:

MARSHIN2

Reaction score
OK i finally had a chance do do something =) (been in school and work for the past two days, just took bus there)

so i may have mistaken the rear balance shafte with the water pump. :doh:
the water pump is a little further up hehe. so ill get that replace soon. oh mines a four cylinder by the way.

the reason for the plasticy noise was a loose tensioner so yea which leads me to the next questions, would or could that hurt my engine? (not properly timed balance shafts)
and also ive been looking for pictures so i can align mine properly but i could find good ones that could explain it well.

Back