would paint crack on polyurethane lip

Stee-Bo

Reaction score
I'm planning to paint my polyurethan front lip but it bends quite a bit when I put it on my bumper, so my question is if i paint it and when i go to install it on my front bumper would the paint crack cause of the bend?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Not quite, OEM lip kits are polyu. You just need to heat that lip up and get it closer to the shape it needs to be to fit the bumper cover more snugly. If you paint it right, you won't have a problem.

truWarier02

Reaction score
If you're slammed though, chipping is almost inevitable.. especially from rocks and stuff kicked up from other cars.

Mine flexes a lot too because it's not snug against the bumper.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
If it flexes enough, it will chip/crack visibly. Depends how much it flexes and at what angles, and also how it was painted as far as if flex agent was used or not, and other details.

Stee-Bo

Reaction score
Its a mugen replica front lip, and I was going to get it professionally painted since my front bumper needs repair anyways. It bends like under the lip cause it needs to bend a bit to fit onto my car. I was thinking about spraying flexible primer firsts but idk if that helps

SykVSyx

Reaction score
The first thing you should do is heat up the lip and get it to fit exactly how you want it to on the bumper and once it cools then you can paint it with the proper flex agent.

Narftastic

Reaction score
My opinion: dont waste money on a pro to paint it. its gonna chip anyway so just do it yourself and save the money.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bax
Back