99CcordMTF23's H22-Swap thread! Update, 10/26/12, pics pg6! RUNNING!

99CcordMTF23

Reaction score
Re: 99CcordMTF23's H22-Swap thread! Small Update, 6/28/12, pics pg6! RUNNING!

Hey did you do the auto to manual tensioner conversion on your h22?

unfortunately my auto tensioner took a **** and i can turn the T-belt 90* on the tight spot (Doubt 4k miles on a new t-belt would stretch it that much) and ill be replacing it with the Bisimoto manual tensioner for $100 buck when i change the oil here next pay check with some Mobil1 and getting Gates belts.

Small Update!

As far as my wierd bogging and stuff I just replaced the H22 egr valve with the F23 egr and Plugged it on in, merely for astetics since my p28 doesnt have the egr anyway... Also cleaned up the wiring. Popped the Valve cover to re seal the gaskets and i re-check my valve clearances... They were in spec when i first got the motor, And when i checked the intake side, Only one Intake valve was at .007, all the rest were soo tight i couldnt get a .001" in there... I mean damm. Set valves at .007 on intake and .008 on exhaust (On the loose side, i prefer it that way). Needless to say it runs amazingly well, and i dropped fuel pressure down to 45psi, and i netted 37mpg @ 70 with a/c (bout 2.5k rpms) and abour 32 in the city driving like an old lady on our 400 mile trip. Got about 4k miles on it and Im glad i did the swap. its soo much better than the initial driving, and Despite a severly slipping stock replacement clutch, its the quickest accord in my town... (well, 4cyl...) I love the DOHC!!!! Seriously guys, trust me, it's easier than i make it seem...

Soon to get a K20 IM adapter and a Golden eagle IM and 75mm TB, along with a light flywheel, and a good clutch, AEM ems, then BOOOOOOoooooooosssst.....

IllCG301

Reaction score
Ok, btw your thread was alot of help i completed my swap about a week ago. It still has a few problems, it idles high around 2300 RPM at cold start but when it heats up it gos down and idles alittle over 1k or shuts off and some times wont turn back on, its happen to me twice now and ive had the catmr 4 a week. Any idea why it would be doing that?

Last edited:

99CcordMTF23

Reaction score
I've been having problems with my car shutting off randomly on me since the swap. I've traced it back to the ignition switch harness, and it has been recalled before and replaced at the dealer on my car. And it needs a new ignition switch/harness again on my car. I've also had the high rpm cold starts, and I compensated with the idle screw. Mine revs to about 1500rpms when cold and calms down to about 800rpms hot and idles decent.

Glad it's been helpful. Can I get some more info on your setup? Maybe I can help...

99CcordMTF23

Reaction score
I wanna do this so bad. Won't be installing my swap myself though when I get it unfortunatly. :(

Y U NO INSTALL!?

But seriously, i did it in my front yard, took me all together like 4-5hrs tops... (Although, it probably seems like it would be less legit than if i did it with a fancy lift and a shop at my disposal, but like 80% of honda owners end up doing sh!t to their cars themselves, Unfortunately, 90% of that 80% is the population that Ruins the car all together... lol)

I really wanted to start an import performance shop and do swaps for people here... I really love doing this stuff and wish i could help people. =/ Hondas have always been my choice for cars to tinker with... OH! by the way everyone, i finally got a Romeo 32v v8 Mustang Cobra! (Borat voice) "Im sooo eXcite!"

Last edited:

tone456

Reaction score
Sorry for bumping up an old thread, but this is the most relevant on the site.

In your dizzy wiring diagram, the green coil ground looks like its going to the black and yellow power wire. I'm assuming that was just how you drew the picture and its not actually going to the power wire, just from one connector to the next.

Thanks in advance for clearing that up.

Back