Another Opinion Request

capsidx

Reaction score
So i've been debating on getting coilovers and lowering my accord about an inch. However I absolutely love the factory suspension. Its such a smooth ride and I dont plan on having any track days in the near future. So im buying new wheels and tires that are 16 inch front and back. My question is will the car look good with at the factory stance and height or do you guys suggest coilovers or aftermarket suspension to drop it an inch or two? Keep in mind I have no intention of slamming my car or scraping the undercarriage every time I pull into a parking lot. Thanks :)

Jordan_H

Reaction score
People like the ride of tein coilovers. Even without being very low I would still think 17s will look the best. If you're 5 lug you can get Acura TL wheels like a lot of other members.

capsidx

Reaction score
I was thinking 17 was too big but I like the look of wheels filling the wheel wells and looking like they belong. The ones I have now are too small and very annoying to look at. Its next on my list of mods. Are those 17's on your ride? The whole setup looks really clean. Also Id like to note I dont have 5 lug. I'm on factory 4 but from what i've 5 lug setup isnt that hard. I just dont know if i'm ready for the work.

Jordan_H

Reaction score
Yes, I have 17s. I'm about to 5 lug swap my car and move up to 18s. Thanks for the kind words, I really appreciate it. I don't think 17s would look too big even if you're not all that low. It sucks you're not 5 lug, we 4x114.3 are pretty low on wheel choices haha.

capsidx

Reaction score
I actually remember showing your ROTM picture to my girlfriend a few days ago and telling her I wanted my car to look kind of like this lol. A lot of people have the 2 door so its refreshing to see a 4 door that looks really clean and not JDM as *** lol. I found a few wheels sets I like on carID but im not ready to drop like 900 on a set of rims just yet so i'll get the cheap ones from them for now and later on i when I have more saved I can invest in some really nice ones. I currently have 3 different rims on my car with only the front matching. It really looks bad and is discouraging when you see other peoples rides that look awesome and you look out the window and see your fading paint and mismatched rims lol

604ACCORD

Reaction score
I'm running tien ss with damper and they ride very nice, not ment for really salmmin but they ride nice. They are my first set of coilovers so I cant speak on anything else.

capsidx

Reaction score
I know I can search it but how much on average do you guys pay for them?

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
I bought a 1998 CG that has I don't know what lowering springs on it with 17 inch rims wrapped with Velloza VX4's. I looks pretty good but I want some different springs. The ride is still very good. And it handles like a MF. It is a DD work car.

If you are dropping it less than 1.5 inches and aren't autox'ing i see no reason to just get some lowering springs. My friend had some eibach lowering springs that dropped his 2" front and rear on stock struts. He drove it for years with no degradation in ride over the years.

Tires play a big role is ride quality also.

ThatDesiKid

Reaction score
I know I can search it but how much on average do you guys pay for them?
Are you talking about wheels or coilovers? I bought Tein Street Basis coilovers for $500 even. Just picked up a set of Acura TL Type S wheels for $400 that should be coming in Wednesday.

Here's what the car looks like on the Street Basis. Ride quality is amazing, almost exactly like stock. Only difference is a lot less body roll

c4c5a473c771751ff94f0bef564b2989.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

604ACCORD

Reaction score
I paid 350ish for my tien ss from another member(I bought a bunch of stuff for a package price so this is guess).

Back